silver bullet overiding

silver bullet overiding

Postby sonbryn » January 25th, 2016, 10:38 am

hi my silver bullet is overriding force and velocity settings. using the copy paper setting in scal = speed 300 pressure 50 I am only using copy paper so I took the speed down to 150 then went to cut I noticed all the corners were tearing so I paused cut and noticed that the machine display was reading velocity 160 and force 81 tried a few more attempts but this is still happening the cuts are terrible if this was vinyl I would be wasting a lot. I have the use software speed and pressure ticked.
I am using windows 10 :banghead:
sonbryn

Cutter: 24" silver bullet

Re: silver bullet overiding

Postby MeFlick » January 25th, 2016, 10:52 am

Even though the software programs that we might use may provide that you can set the setting in the software, it is recommended that you uncheck the option in the software and to set the settings on the machine its self.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby sonbryn » January 25th, 2016, 12:19 pm

thanks for your help but I was always told to use the software settings and not the bullet settings. thanks
sonbryn

Cutter: 24" silver bullet

Postby MeFlick » January 25th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Where were you told this - here on this forum? I have been using a Black Cat (the SB's predecessor) and a Silver Bullet for a number of years now (at least 5 I think) and I am pretty sure we were always told to use the settings on the bullet it self rather than the software. This is because the settings on the machine its self were considered much more reliable then in the software. I will see what I can find to see if something changed somewhere that I am unaware of. I always set them on my machine and have never had any issues.

Some reasons for doing it on the machine include if you are trying to use the "test button" on the machine to figure out settings needed, then you have to be using the settings on the machine as the "test button" does not look to the software for settings. Also, if you use the repeat button on the machine, you will not be able to adjust your settings if you set it through the software. In addition, at least in the earlier days, the settings in the software program were not always being recognized correctly as I recall.

For example:

From the Learning Center here:
http://learn.silverbulletcutters.com/sc ... t-a-shape/
"Use Software to Set the Force and Speed
This section lets you use the software to set the speed (velocity) and pressure (force) of the machine. To activate this, first check the box (1) and then use the sliders to adjust your settings (2).

Note: For most users, especially beginners getting to know their machine, it is best to leave this unchecked and set the appropriate settings from your machine. When the speed/velocity and pressure/force are set through a program, your machine settings are overwritten. If doing a repeat cut from your machine, you will not be able change your settings.

also see: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2132&p=44377&hilit=set+force+and+velocity+on+the+machine+or+the+software#p44377
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby PennyDuncan » January 26th, 2016, 9:26 am

I can say I for one DO use the software settings and have never had an issue with it.....and I've even suggested it in some of my videos......I understand some have had issues with the software......but I never have and it's my preference to use the software settings over the machine settings.....so perhaps she's heard others discuss this fact as well......
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby MeFlick » January 26th, 2016, 11:58 am

Thanks Penny for your valuable insight. Can you offer any insight on why she might seem to have the SB settings overriding the software settings as she has indicated that she believes is happening? Or perhaps it isn't - just that the settings she is trying to cut with from the software or still too high for cutting copying paper as she has indicated she is working with? I have never seen it override if use software settings is ticked.

I agree, its personal preference on what to use - the cutter or the software - mine would be a habit from early on and have found no reason to adjust from it. :)
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby PennyDuncan » January 26th, 2016, 1:21 pm

My pleasure.....I'm as well puzzled on that as I've never had that issue...for copy paper weight I generally get good results using a force around 40 or 50.....if it's a fresh blade I can use less that that.......so perhaps th as the might be an area she might want to play with....
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot