Sure Cuts A Lot 4

Sure Cuts A Lot 4

Postby DBY » November 28th, 2015, 3:46 pm

I have Sure Cuts A Lot 3 on my computer. Do you have to pay to upgrade to Sure Cuts A Lot 4?
DBY

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet...YEAH!!

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 4

Postby PennyDuncan » November 28th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Yes DBY ....this is a fee to upgrade to SCAL4 but it is worth the cost and you do get a discount from buying it outright.....Brandon has put a lot of awesome improvements into SCAL4 and it's worth every penny!! ;)
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby DBY » December 1st, 2015, 8:20 am

Can I use my scal3 files? I can't seem to open them in the upgraded version.
I am also trying to use my Silver Bullet but am frustrated at the 1000's of Sil Studio files I have and can't convert them. I have a MAC. Any suggestions?
DBY

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet...YEAH!!

Postby MeFlick » December 1st, 2015, 1:33 pm

DBY wrote:Can I use my scal3 files? I can't seem to open them in the upgraded version. . . .

I believe you should be able to use SCAL3 files in SCAL4. See this thread from the SCAL forum:
http://forum.surecutsalot.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41375 which says "Make sure under the View menu that the Show Outlines Only option is not checked" if that doesn't work, you might ask your question on the SCAL forums to see if someone can give you other suggestions.

You might also check out this thread from the SCAL forum: http://forum.surecutsalot.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41265

DBY wrote:. . . I am also trying to use my Silver Bullet but am frustrated at the 1000's of Sil Studio files I have and can't convert them. I have a MAC. Any suggestions?

That is the problem with buying Cricut or Silhouette files via cartridges or their online stores - they get you sucked in and then you have 100's possibly 1000's of files that are in their proprietary format that no other software can import. They also give you no option to EXPORT out to another file format like the universally accepted SVG format. They do this because they want you locked into their programs/files/cutters. Your only real option anymore to try and convert them is to do a "screen capture" of the file's bits and pieces and then trace them in. Being on a Mac, makes it even more difficult because no older versions of their programs on the Mac even provided a "back door" to save as an SVG file (I say back door because they didn't provide the option - it was an error that was discovered and they quickly make sure to eliminate). The only versions that had that "back door" was the 1.9 or 2.0 version of their DE Program on a PC platform and they have worked hard to eliminate even that ability by forcing upgrades to access their store.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot