Can anyone help??

Can anyone help??

Postby HillaryR » June 28th, 2015, 10:00 am

Hello! I have 2 computers, both with SCAL, but slightly different version.

I have a iMac running 10.10.3 yosemite, with SCAL 3.070
And a macbook running 10.10.1 yosemite, with SCAL 3.053

My problem is that if I create a file on my iMac, and then try to use that same file on my MacBook it will say it's opening the file, show the file name at the top, but there's nothing there. Just a blank workspace. I can not figure out how to make it show up.

Creating a file on my macbook and then transferring it to my iMac works just fine. But I would really prefer to do my design work on my iMac since the screen is so much bigger and easier to work on.

Does anyone know what the problem is?? I have 2 Silver Bullet machines and need both computers to run them. So I need access to all files on both computers.

Thank you!
Hillary
HillaryR

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Re: Can anyone help??

Postby Gigi » June 28th, 2015, 10:12 am

I don't use a MAC , but would start with upgrading the SCAL software so you are running the same version on both. Am hoping the solution is easy. You are also running an earlier MAC platform on the macbook - so not sure if that needs to be updated as well, but would definitely start with the software upgrade so you are running the same on both........

Sure those running MAC will have more valuable things to add! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: Can anyone help??

Postby MeFlick » June 28th, 2015, 1:57 pm

Like Gigi - I would say that I would start with having the most up to date SCAL version on both of the computers. You are trying to take a "newer" version of SCAL 3.070 on the iMac "back" to an "older" version of SCAL 3.053. Since I don't know what "changes" were made between the versions - it is possible that it was something that would not allow you to go "backwards". Only someone at CraftEdge could confirm that so you could log a trouble ticket with them perhaps if you really want to know. However, I am not sure why you wouldn't want to go ahead and update the "older" version of SCAL to the newer one so both machines match up. Usually when there are "minor" upgrades (thus why it is 3.053 and 3.070 rather than a big number change at the front) - they are often "fixing" a bug of some sort so you would want to upgrade to the latest version possible.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot