Is SCAL changing the size of my graphics?

Is SCAL changing the size of my graphics?

Postby cwasserman » May 28th, 2015, 9:17 am

Hi, I only come here when I need help and it's been a while (thank goodness). I am using SCAL 3.059. I haven't upgraded for many reasons, namely because I don't personally use the SB that much. Our graphic designer uses it we've had quite a bit of turnover, so I just use the version I am familiar with because I am the one who shows the designers how to use the software and SB.

I've noticed that when I group several items for print and cut and then duplicate, something is happening(within the software??) that is changing the size of the print and cut. Example. I have a square .jpg that is 1.5 inches. I want to cut a picture out of it so I set up a circle, for example that is 1.25 . When I group and duplicate, I noticed that sometimes the area I want to cut has moved from 1.25 to 1.341 (for example). Am I causing this or is this the software? Have I lost my mind?

I noticed if I am creating a page 2 of the same project, I just want to make a different size, the same thing happens when I copy and paste.

I'm not so good at explaining, so please ask lots of questions and I'll try to explain a different way.
cwasserman

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Re: Is SCAL changing the size of my graphics?

Postby PennyDuncan » May 28th, 2015, 12:08 pm

cwasserman....I do believe I know what you're referring to...as I also had it happen to me in the past...However...I believe it is an issue that Brandon has resolved in more recent versions of SCAL4..as he has really done alot work within the print and cut features of the program...I truly do believe it would behove you to contemplate upgrading to the new version as you will have much less headaches with this type of thing........
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Re: Is SCAL changing the size of my graphics?

Postby Gigi » May 28th, 2015, 12:24 pm

In the meantime....... try this. Under cut settings>settings, change your x resolution to 0.998 and see if that makes a difference. It should!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot