Brandon has done it AGAIN!!!!!

Re: Brandon has done it AGAIN!!!!!

Postby kim » April 21st, 2015, 3:14 pm

Thanks ladies. I have great support in family (and his family) and I am sad that this has come to pass but I am moving forward with my life and will be happier!

On another note...still playing with SCAL and just trying different things that I do in MTC and seeing how to do it in SCAL, BTW finding it very easy to do in SCAL, but my question is this.....(could do new post but I'm here, so....) I am editing nodes. There are four boxes in upper left above where you choose pointer, node editing tool, etc) I know it has to do with node editing but can anyone tell me what they mean? And is there a function in node editing to make a line a straight line? I do use that in MTC alot. I did figure out quite quickly how to move a node, delete a node, etc.

Oh, and since I am asking questions, when do I use the split path, object to path, close path items? I never really understood that in Inkscape, so avoided it except when doing the fill in Inkscape. ANd the only reason I did it then was because it was on my cheat sheet that Penny gave me on how to do the fill. LOL.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby kim » April 21st, 2015, 3:36 pm

I figured out the part of how to make a line straight in node editing. WIll continue to play in this part to see what effect I am having on lines when I click each box. Only way to learn, right? But still would like explanation on the object to path, etc.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Gigi » April 21st, 2015, 5:36 pm

Kim -

To address the line part - if you open the HELP menu in SCAL, click on Basics and then Drawing and also Edit Shapes. Both have good guides for drawing and editing a line. Hope that part will help solve issue 1.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby PennyDuncan » April 21st, 2015, 6:20 pm

Hey Kim if you're creating your file from scratch in SCAL4 or working with an existing shape that doesn't fill in with color when you select a fill color then you have an open path......so all you have to do is right click on the shape and select close path.......when you type out a font and you're finished manipulating it....you can then do right click, Path, Object ot path that makes it a shape now and not a font......hope that makes sense????
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Previous

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot