Won't cut on paper

Won't cut on paper

Postby Craftoholic » January 31st, 2015, 6:11 pm

I am new to all of this. I received my 24" SB for Christmas but CAN NOT get the machine to cut on my paper. I have played with the settings and point of origin but it still either 1) spits my mat out then tries to cut or 2) cuts someplace on the mat but not on my paper. I've watched the videos and followed through all the tutorials on the learning center but still can't figure it out. I'm very frustrated! :? Thanks
Craftoholic

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Re: Won't cut on paper

Postby Gigi » January 31st, 2015, 9:20 pm

If you go to the FAQ section of the learning center, it addressed why your mat spits out. Chances are you are loading it incorrectly. For simplicity of explaining, you should have the bulk of your mat sticking out behind the machine and just the front section of it visible from the front - where you should be setting your origin.

And speaking of origin, I think you will have a much easier time learning if you are sure that you have your machine set to cut from origin rather than WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). That way it will cut from where you are setting your origin. I would go back and watch that section again.

You might have an easier time learning, if for now, you make your mat the same size as your paper. Then when you have a design on the virtual mat, it will be easier for you to see where it will cut. Try both options so you can understand the difference. The only reason most of us use WYSIWYG is if we are doing something with fold lines or are writing.

Use your test pen instead of the blade and pick some simple objects - and let the machine draw them on your paper so you can get a feel for how the design transfers from the software mat to the SB mat.

Take a deep breath. You will get it. When you are not used to cutting machines, it can be one of the trickiest things to grasp.

Feel free to email me directly if you need more help. gigica@cox.net We can also set up a tech support call for you if you need that. Let us know.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Craftoholic » February 1st, 2015, 8:08 pm

I've tried to insert the test pen but the clamp on the machine doesn't close down tight enough to hold the pen part in place. Am I maybe missing something or just not installing it correctly? I used the pen insert and the black pen holder that came with the machine.
Craftoholic

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Postby Gigi » February 1st, 2015, 9:11 pm

Just wrap some tape around the test pen to make it fit better. If you happen to have the pen holders you can just put a standard pen in and use that. But tape around the barrel of the pen refill is fine - it's just to help you learn where things will cut.

I think if you switch to origin that will help make it easier to understand.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot