Welding

Welding

Postby motap1 » January 25th, 2015, 12:42 am

I'm having a problem with the welding feature in the newest release of SCAL PRO 4. When I click 'weld' for a group of letters, they disappear from cutting. They show up in the preview, but the ones that overlap are missing and won't cut.

Screenshot 2015-01-24 23.30.36.png
Screenshot 2015-01-24 23.30.53.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
motap1

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Welding

Postby Gigi » January 25th, 2015, 1:25 am

Try Path>Union

If you lose the inside of the letters or squiggles, select just those areas first and merge, then select all and do Path>Union.

I just tried it because I had to remember how to do it! :hide: I haven't done it in a while. If you select all and use merge, then you can't do union. So if you need to preserve the inside of anything (I hope this makes sense), select just those areas and do Object>Merge. Then select all of it and do Path>Union.

I just tried it several times and it worked beautifully. If there is an easier or more direct way I am sure someone will post it. Hope this helps - please let us know.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby motap1 » January 25th, 2015, 2:55 am

Thanks, Gigi. That is actually what I ended up trying and it worked perfectly (using path>Union). Hopefully they will fix the weld feature with the next release - I didn't use to have a problem with it.

Thanks again!
motap1

Postby Gigi » January 25th, 2015, 3:19 am

Actually the weld does work just fine - I just tried it - again. The weld is temporary, doing Path>Union is a permanent weld.

When you click on the weld button, it won't look like it is welded - meaning you can see the overlap, but if you go to preview under the cutter menu, you will see it all as one. I undid the Union and just did weld and it cut a welded file.

If you go to the help menu and click on welding it will explain the process of the two - better than I am. But simply - the weld button is temporary and the path>union is permanent - and you basically get the same results with either - it just looks like a cleaner job with the path>union.

So there are two options - love having options! Hope this helps.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby motap1 » January 25th, 2015, 11:19 am

I love having options too! and I LOVE the features that they have added to the new version!
motap1

Postby Gigi » January 25th, 2015, 12:16 pm

Me too - still learning about the new features (especially the new effects) but am really happy with all of the improvements. And I continue to love the accuracy of the print and cut!

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot