Stencil Bridge in SCAL 4

Stencil Bridge in SCAL 4

Postby Angel135612 » December 13th, 2014, 10:22 am

Has any one here used the Stencil Bridge? I wanted to create a stencil of one of my Tigger svgs, and every time I use it, the design loses some of the detail. I was hoping that it would just remove a small section, and not alter anything else in the svg, but it isn't working that way. Also, I don't see any way to adjust the width of the bridge, it seems to be preset, and the only thing you can set, it the length of it going through your design.

I was hoping this would make creating stencils out of some of my svgs easier than having to create my own bridge, but it isn't working the way I thought it might.

Also, when I try to create my own bridge, and apply it to my design, the small bridge doesn't want to go where I put it. It keeps trying to snap to something, but I'm not sure what, and I can't find any setting to keep things from snapping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Stencil Bridge in SCAL 4

Postby jobab » December 14th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Hi

If you go to the view tab you will see a snap to tab which will give you options to untick the snap to options.
jobab

Cutter: Silver Bullet,Silhouette Cameo,cougar

Postby Gigi » December 14th, 2014, 7:12 pm

Thanks Jo!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » December 14th, 2014, 7:36 pm

Thanks Jo, that helps with placing the bridge, but I'm still looking to see if I can adjust the width of the bridge, and why the design is losing detail the more bridges I use.

I do understand that there may be a loss because of the way the nodes create the design for cutting. Perhaps I'm trying to use too detailed of a design to create a stencil. What I wanted to do is create a mask so that I could spray paint the design onto some seat covers in my BF's jeep. I may need to think of another way to do this, and perhaps use the negative space from a vinyl cut out, and use something other than spray paint, that won't run and drip if the edges aren't down well enough. Or it could be that the design I'm trying to use just does not lend itself well to being used as a stencil.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot