SCAL 4 PRO and SCAL 4

SCAL 4 PRO and SCAL 4

Postby kmmhug » December 12th, 2014, 7:50 pm

Does anyone have a link to what changed in SCAL 3 to SCAL 4? Also what is the difference between SCAL 4 and SCAL 4 Pro. I don't use SCAL real often so I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade. Mainly considering it because I bought a Pazzle for my travel machine and he has already released a plug in for the Pazzle and MTC is still "working on it". I am not fond of the Vue software so I would rather use SCAL at least until MTC gets it ready. I hear a lot of people liking SCAL better anyways so maybe if I use it with Pazzle I will see what everyone means. I have always been happy with MTC but it does bug me that he will not update the plug in for Cougar and I have to use the KNK one.
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Re: SCAL 4 PRO and SCAL 4

Postby Elizabeth » December 12th, 2014, 8:09 pm

There are lots of new design tools in SCAL 4. Some of them you will recognize from MTC, like erase, cut and rotated duplicate, as well as some features that I haven't seen elsewhere, like distort and stencil bridge. For me, it was well worth the price of the upgrade to SCAL 4. For my purposes, I get by fine with the standard version rather than the Pro version. I love having the option of using multiple software sources to design. I cut exclusively with SCAL, though, as I prefer the cutting interface and the results.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Angel135612 » December 12th, 2014, 8:33 pm

From what I can see, the difference between 3 and 4 is a simplified interface, new tools, a stencil tool (which I just found and will be figuring out how to use it soon), type on arch, and a number of different effects, such as Bulge, Wave, Wrapper, 3D Rotate and more. Also added are Multi line text and text justification options and the ability to snap to objects (Which is something it had needed for ages).

Some of the differences between Pro and the regular version is extended cutting length, weeding options, tiling, duplicate cutting, cut by color, color layer alignment, 3D Shadow, and importing DXF and PLT files.

If you go to the CraftEdge site, and click on Products and then Learn More for each version, it will bring up a page that tells you the features of that program.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » December 13th, 2014, 8:20 am

Can't believe I forgot about the snap to object feature. It is by far my favorite of the new updates. No longer have to center objects then drag to where I want them!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby Angel135612 » December 13th, 2014, 8:46 am

Yeah, I always HATED that SCAL snapped things to the center of the mat, instead of leaving them where they were, and aligning them there.

I wonder if any one knows if there is a way to adjust the Stencil Bridge size. I was playing with that the other day, as I have had a project that I wanted to make, and I needed to turn my design into a stencil. It was tedious to say the least to try and do it drawing all the bridges, so I wanted to play with the new feature. But I would like to be able to adjust the size of the bridge, and can't seem to find a way to do that.

Loving all the new features I have been playing with so far... need to get my cutter out where I can use it... I'm tired of organizing and I want to start playing. (I did manage to turn my sewing machine on yesterday, and started working on some cat quilts for the Humane Society, to use up my scraps of fabric and batting. Didn't do much just started sewing some scrap batting together to the size I need, but it felt so good to actually sit at my machine and sew!!!!!)
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot