Sure Cuts Alot 4

Re: Sure Cuts Alot 4

Postby Gigi » December 11th, 2014, 9:41 pm

tmgutierrez wrote:Update on my frustration. I have downloaded 4.05 but what I figured out is if I change the holder to pen the cutter wont work. I use the pen to do testing. If I leave the holder on blade it will cut each time. GiGi can you maybe test this with your machine. Do you think it hurts anything to use the pen with the blade holder setting? Still seems weird to me. Thanks.

Diane is right - for test cutting you leave it on blade as you want the pen to operate as your blade . The test pen is just to get a feel for how things line up - you certainly do not have to use it every time once you get the hang of it.

I DO use the pen setting on occasion, but only when I am actually "writing text" on a card for instance - all other times I use the blade setting.

It never occurred to me to have you check that setting - glad it is cutting fine with the blade option showing. Is there a reason you are using the testing pen so much? It's fine, I am just curious. :) I am always curious!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby tmgutierrez » December 12th, 2014, 11:30 pm

I was using the pen for writing on tags then cutting. So when I would change to pen holder the cutter would not write but if I left it on blade it would write or cut. I find out that there is another setting that affects that. It is in the preference bar under style tab you have to change that to pen. I have not tried it yet. That came from Sure Cuts a Lot support. Will let you know. Thanks.
tmgutierrez

Cutter: 13"

Postby tmgutierrez » December 12th, 2014, 11:33 pm

Not sure I have explained well I was not using test pen, but for writing.
tmgutierrez

Postby Gigi » December 13th, 2014, 12:43 am

tmgutierrez wrote:I was using the pen for writing on tags then cutting. So when I would change to pen holder the cutter would not write but if I left it on blade it would write or cut. I find out that there is another setting that affects that. It is in the preference bar under style tab you have to change that to pen. I have not tried it yet. That came from Sure Cuts a Lot support. Will let you know. Thanks.

Not sure what you are talking about.......I don't have a style tab under preferences.

I just tried text in SCAL 4 (I have the pro version). Here are my settings. Look at the one that is highlighted. If I leave it on the draw lines it did nothing, but if I had it on the one that is highlighted, I get a prompt for the pen color (Pro version -not sure if that is in all) and then it draws. If you had lines you didn't want drawn you could just close those layers.

Hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tmgutierrez » December 13th, 2014, 11:37 am

Yes this is exactly how I had mine set up and would not work gonna try the preference bar change to pen there and see what happens. I really appreciate all your effort to help me. What would the forum do without you.
tmgutierrez

Postby tmgutierrez » December 13th, 2014, 11:40 am

Oh sorry I was leaving it on draw. Wonder if that can be fixed. I will try draw and cut.
tmgutierrez

Postby Gigi » December 13th, 2014, 12:08 pm

It seems to default to draw not draw and cut - not sure if you can change that. Will try to play later....... HAVE to get some cookie baking done today!

Glad I could help.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tmgutierrez » December 13th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Okay I played a little more today and I tried the way Sure Cuts alot support suggested. If you use the properties side bar and the style tab you can change that to pen which does the same thing as the draw cut. So the just drawlines does not work. If any of this makes sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tmgutierrez

Postby tmgutierrez » December 13th, 2014, 6:36 pm

Ok my question at this point is when you use this a screen pops up about ink color, pressure and speed does this override what you have manually set the machine.
tmgutierrez

Postby Gigi » December 14th, 2014, 12:22 am

Oh of course - I was looking in the wrong place when you asked the question - so sorry. I was looking at the preferences bar that you mentioned earlier - didn't think about the properties section.. Thanks.

I have not tried that - I just know the other way worked for me, but that was before Lisa educated me about that whole bar this morning! :)\

I am not sure I understand your question. But I will try. The pen color that shows up is the pen color that you have on your mat. So let's say you have red and black for the sake of making it easy and the red pen color comes up when you select cut. It will draw whatever you have in red. As for the speed and force that should only override your machine settings if you have the software set to determine your speed and force. If you have that box unchecked, then what you set on the machine will be what it uses to operate. Does that help?

You also have the option to skip a color but it will come back to it. Just tried it with a purple stroke on one shape and red on another and it went from one to the next. I didn't actually draw - just wanted to see the sequence.

Hope that helps somewhat.....

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tmgutierrez » December 14th, 2014, 11:54 am

That's it thank you.
tmgutierrez