Sure Cuts Alot 4

Re: Sure Cuts Alot 4

Postby Gigi » December 6th, 2014, 9:01 pm

Well you can put it on copy paper - it doesn't make a difference as you set your pressure and speed separately anyway, but without seeing it in action it's hard. Is there anything else that is different?
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby tmgutierrez » December 6th, 2014, 10:07 pm

GiGi I also notice that in 4 you have software preset checked. I unchecked mine since I wanted to set the macine myself should I reselect it?
tmgutierrez

Cutter: 13"

Postby Gigi » December 6th, 2014, 11:20 pm

No - I just have it checked because I was playing around with using the software to set the pressure. It is faster when I am cutting a lot of things that are different weights and have to change - its quicker than using the machine. It was another thread when Elizabeth mentioned using it and I never had, so i have been playing with it this weekend and liking it a lot. But no need to change it - use whatever you are accustomed to doing.

So if you change the setting from copy paper to preset , what happens when you send a design to cut - does nothing happen? Do you get an error message? But if you are using copy paper you can cut whatever you want?

Gigi
Gigi

Postby pigtailpat » December 7th, 2014, 6:59 am

so you like the software setting way gigi? I think I will try too. One thing about it I like, is I can keep a record there of all the successful cuts and a record of what force/speed works with what media. Of course, if the computer goes south, so does all the records of the cuts..........I guess there is no substitute for recording in a real life notebook.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Gigi » December 7th, 2014, 10:19 am

LOL Pat - I honestly don't think you can get away from a written record. I still use my little notebook all of the time unless it's one of the papers I grab a lot. But for the things I cut off and on -it's invaluable!

As for using the software setting, I cannot believe I am saying this, but I really like it, especially when I am going from something lightweight to something heavier. It is much quicker. It's just remembering that I am doing it that way now! LOL :hide:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tmgutierrez » December 7th, 2014, 10:26 am

Yes, the preset will default to custom and when it is set on that it will not cut. If I change to copy paper it will cut but only once. I get no error machine just sits there. I have turning off then on shutting down software etc. So I just go back to 3. I have even opened both versions trying to see if there is a difference. When it wont cut the test connection works. Wondering if it is a bad install because when I check for updates says I am not connected to internet. Thank you again.
tmgutierrez

Postby Gigi » December 7th, 2014, 10:33 am

I was reading your post and thinking what you concluded. I would uninstall and reinstall the program. If that doesn't work I would get a fresh download. Do you have the first version or the update? If you don't have the update (I think it's version 4.004) I would do that one. Since no one else is having this problem (as far as we know), I am guessing that it is not the software but your "computer" - and so often a new install will work. I should have said that from the beginning but I thought you had re-installed it. If you are not running the latest version I would start there and get a clean download and install.

Will be gone this morning (my daughter in law's baby shower :) ) but if you need help later on just holler. I hope that helps as I am stumped otherwise!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tmgutierrez » December 7th, 2014, 12:37 pm

Reinstalled will try later but it takes foever for it to load not like 3. Has anyone experienced?
tmgutierrez

Postby Gigi » December 7th, 2014, 4:48 pm

I emailed Brandon and let him know that it gets hung up when the library loads upon start - is that what you mean? And I havent loaded my own projects in. If you are noticing something else lmk. Mine hangs up for about 20 seconds where the earlier version is quick. Quicker than Corel Draw or Photoshop Elements for instance, but longer than before!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » December 7th, 2014, 8:37 pm

My update (4.04) is slower to start up, too. Not a big problem, but noticeable. I don't shut it down often, so it's not a big deal.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby tmgutierrez » December 8th, 2014, 9:30 am

Hi GiGi,
After reinstall I am still experiencing same problems. It will cut or draw once then that's it and yes when loading it hangs on the library for a while. I have contacted support at Sure Cuts Alot hopefully they have suggestions too. Version 3 I have no issues with weird. Thanks everyone for your help.
tmgutierrez

Postby Elizabeth » December 9th, 2014, 12:15 pm

Good luck! Hope they find a fix for you soon. Can you design in 4 and cut in 3 in the meantime? That way you can use the fun new features of 4.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby Gigi » December 9th, 2014, 3:07 pm

I am thinking it has to be some setting in the computer since no one else is experiencing it - I am totally perplexed.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tmgutierrez » December 10th, 2014, 12:21 am

Elizabeth how would I design in 4 and cut in 3. They way I save it?
tmgutierrez

Postby Gigi » December 10th, 2014, 2:04 am

Not Elizabeth, but I think the only way you could do it is to design and export as an svg so you could open it in SCAL 3. You can't save as a SCUT file because 3 won't open 4, so the next best thing would be to save as an svg. HTH

Gigi
Gigi

Postby pigtailpat » December 10th, 2014, 6:48 am

Gigi :

would the export to .svg be the way to design/cut if the user is running a desktop SCAL 4, but has the cutter in another place altogether and using the android version of SCAL (scal 3) to cut??? I cannot yet connect the dots on this, because my android version in my nook has to be 5 (jellybean) to use the OTG usb - but it will be there sooner or later. Once I physically can connect this way, I may remove the cutter to another place to make better use of space.

Pat

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Gigi » December 10th, 2014, 10:09 am

Not having the tablet version (have a Windows tablet) I am not sure, but that would make sense to me as that would be the only way to keep it compatible designing in a newer version. I double checked last night and SCAL 3 definitely won't open 4, which is pretty normal for software updates, so I would think SVG would be the way to go, Pat.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tmgutierrez » December 11th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Update on my frustration. I have downloaded 4.05 but what I figured out is if I change the holder to pen the cutter wont work. I use the pen to do testing. If I leave the holder on blade it will cut each time. GiGi can you maybe test this with your machine. Do you think it hurts anything to use the pen with the blade holder setting? Still seems weird to me. Thanks.
tmgutierrez

Postby Angel135612 » December 11th, 2014, 7:10 pm

You do not need to change the holder to "Pen" even if you have the pen holder in the cutter. I don't remember ever using it before, but then I haven't been using my cutter for awhile, so not even sure when that setting was added to the software.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby pigtailpat » December 11th, 2014, 9:03 pm

Gigi - thanks. I found out that I may be able to do this sooner rather than later. I have to downgrade to jellybean 4.2.2 from kit-kat 4.4.2 (and geez these numbers confuse me) to do it. Except, I have 2 nooks, one is atop my sewing machine (so I can watch TV) and a smaller one for everything else. Unfortunately, before I understood what I was doing, I got the kit-kat for the larger one and not smaller one. Since I already blew out my budget (in part due to SCAL 4 upgrade), I gotta wait till after x-mas to connect the dots. I also probably need a female coupler to make this connection (waiting to hear from brandon on that). But I am scheming now about where I should best place my baby, to reclaim desktop space to get more organized paperwork wise, and so I can cut more efficiently - even with the big mats. So excited I can finally do this!
pigtailpat

PreviousNext

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot