Sure Cuts Alot 4

Sure Cuts Alot 4

Postby tmgutierrez » November 30th, 2014, 5:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

I got Sure Cuts Alot 4 but I am having trouble with it. Anyone else? I keep going back to 3. Is there a tutorial out there for the changes?
tmgutierrez

Cutter: 13"

Re: Sure Cuts Alot 4

Postby Gigi » November 30th, 2014, 6:29 pm

What kind of trouble are you having? Quite a few of us have been using it with no issues - well we were beta testing but it was updated and improved. Are you using it on a MAC or PC? If you can explain it might help us give answers that would be beneficial.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Sassycutter » December 1st, 2014, 12:12 am

I had the same problem. :banghead: I finally deleted SCAL 3 (I saved the exe. file for reinstallation if needed) and reinstalled SCAL 4. It seems to be working. I'm not much of a computer wizard so it took me a couple of days of tinkering with it until I got it to work. I am running Windows 8.1 and had to reboot after deletion of 3 and before installation of 4. Hope that helps.
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby Gigi » December 1st, 2014, 12:46 am

How interesting. I am also using Windows 8.1 and still have SCAL 3 and SCAL 4 running - both pro editions. Wonder if that is the difference? Still would like to know what problems you have been experiencing so we can let Brandon know. Want to be sure it is running well for everyone.....

Thanks.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Sassycutter » December 1st, 2014, 9:36 am

Gigi I am not running Pro. Actually I have two computers and I had difficulty on both of them but again, I don't always know what I'm doing :D If you have specific questions I will try to answer them.
Sassycutter

Postby PennyDuncan » December 1st, 2014, 10:02 am

I'm using SCAL4 Pro.....have uninstalled SCAL3Pro but was using it with it installed......I find that I much more prefer the interface with 4 so much more because it's seems so much neater and more organized.....and one added benefit so you're all aware...Brandon has now made plugins for Inkscape, Illustrator and Corel Draw for both SCAL4 and SCAL4 Pro you can go to the Extras section of the site and download the version you needs...he's done them for both PC and MAC.....I tell you....I just can't say enough AWESOME things about Brandon and the amazing work he's doing with SCAL!!!! Here's the link to the plugins page if anyone is interested..... http://craftedge.com/download/download_extras.php
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » December 1st, 2014, 11:33 am

Sassycutter wrote:Gigi I am not running Pro. Actually I have two computers and I had difficulty on both of them but again, I don't always know what I'm doing :D If you have specific questions I will try to answer them.

You have both said you are having trouble but not defined what the trouble is. Just wondering if it is something any of us can help with or if it's the software or what. Please let us know so maybe we can help. As Penny said, we are having no issues so perhaps we can help.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Sassycutter » December 1st, 2014, 2:24 pm

Gigi Sorry I wasn't more specific. I had downloaded and installed SCAL 4 and would think it was installed. Then when I would open it later (next day or so) it would be SCAL 3 and tell me there was an update available. I "updated" several times but it would keep reverting back to SCAL 3. That's when I finally uninstalled the program and started all over. When I open SCAL now, it is SCAL 4. I'm not sure why I wasn't able to update in my first few attempts but it is working correctly now. It could have been the operator :hide: , but I have updated before without any problems. I never thought to report it to anyone because I thought it was probably my error.
Sassycutter

Postby Gigi » December 1st, 2014, 3:07 pm

Thank you - that is interesting. I am glad it's working well now, but strange regardless!

If anyone else had/has that problem I will definitely let Brandon know. It's nice to be able to have the other version as a backup in case you encounter any issues or just feel more comfortable in one while you are learning the other. Thank you!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby terri » December 1st, 2014, 3:35 pm

i'm on 8.1 also... and running scals 2, 3 and 4 (no pro's) with no non-user issues...

Gigi wrote:How interesting. I am also using Windows 8.1 and still have SCAL 3 and SCAL 4 running - both pro editions. Wonder if that is the difference? Still would like to know what problems you have been experiencing so we can let Brandon know. Want to be sure it is running well for everyone.....

Thanks.
terri

Cutter: ****

Postby Gigi » December 1st, 2014, 3:49 pm

Thanks Terri - good to know.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » December 2nd, 2014, 12:31 pm

I'm also running both versions on 8.1 with no problems. I had issues with my Windows 7 laptop and version four, but since that laptop was a temporary replacement for my 8.1, I didn't try too hard to fix it. (I did email Brandon to give him a heads up, but let him know I didn't need a fix.)
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby tmgutierrez » December 3rd, 2014, 7:20 pm

I did not have problems with downloading but when I sent a job to cut it wouldn't but yet the test worked. I probably just need to play with it more so I can be more specific besides the cutting issue. I tried reboot printer as well as closing 4 and reopening I finally just did it in 3.
tmgutierrez

Postby tmgutierrez » December 3rd, 2014, 7:22 pm

Sorry running on a Pc with windows vista.
tmgutierrez

Postby Elizabeth » December 4th, 2014, 7:17 am

Sounds like you need to load the drivers. It can be done easily from the Help menu in SCAL.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » December 4th, 2014, 10:34 am

Thanks Elizabeth. And there is a new update - 4.004 :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tmgutierrez » December 6th, 2014, 1:53 pm

It is not a driver problem I figured out what I am having problems with in 4.0. The cutter screens are different. I noticed when I first installed 4 that it wanted to use software preset. I unchecked that but unlike 3 the holder option is under presets not in same place. Also, the preset on 4 is copy paper which I can't figure out what I am suppose to do with. Going to try and attach screen shots of 3 and 4 cutter sceens. Guess I am not sure how to post the pic.
tmgutierrez

Postby tmgutierrez » December 6th, 2014, 1:58 pm

I have the photo on my ipad of the screenshots but not sure how to post.
tmgutierrez

Postby Gigi » December 6th, 2014, 6:37 pm

I still have 3 installed. The holder setting is in the same place - under the general tab when you go to cut. Right? There is more information on the newer cut screen to make it more helpful I think, but it's basically the same - just more options.

As for the preset , you can click the down arrow and change it to custom preset. I just have mine on that as I set the speed and force each time. The custom automatically gives you a faster speed if you are using the software to set the speed. The copy paper setting gives you a force of 50 and speed of 300 - so I just leave mine on custom. If you aren't using the software to set the speed and force it doesn't matter.

Yes the screens are a little different but not that different. I have 3 PRO on the left and 4 PRO on the right..... and thanks to Elizabeth I have been using the software to manage some of the settings - can definitely see reasons to use it now!

And to submit a picture, just click on upload attachment, then click on choose file, select it on your computer and then click add the file. The picture will post and you can click on the preview button under each post to be sure you have it right before you submit it. Hope that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tmgutierrez » December 6th, 2014, 8:13 pm

The weird thing is when I leave it on custom it stops cutting. I set my own force and velocity. Wish I was better at explaining what is happening but thank for the input.
tmgutierrez

Next

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot