Print and Cut - Remove Background

Print and Cut - Remove Background

Postby Leslihill » August 31st, 2014, 1:15 pm

Hi
I have looked at videos and forum and can't find my answer.

I have a print file I want to print and cut. I have imported my file and made an outline cut layer.

Problem. The problem I am having is that even though I am cutting the file out it has an invisible background. When I make the image large like I want it and try to print I get a warning that the reg. marks will not be printed because the image is too large.

I have it set to show reg. marks but I cannot see them on the screen, only when I print.

How do I remove the background from the image? I have tried different file types, photoshop, svg etc.

Also is there an easy trick for making the outline cutting layer?

If there is a video that will help please direct me.

TIA :D
Lesli
Leslihill

Cutter: Silver Bullet 15"

Re: Print and Cut - Remove Background

Postby Leslihill » August 31st, 2014, 1:39 pm

I added the file I am trying to print and cut. You can see the large bounding box around it. It tells me that some of the registration marks will not be printed when I try and print using the print and cut feature. I have to reduce it extremely small to get it to print and cut.

Please help me figure out what to do.

Thanks!
Lesli
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leslihill

Cutter: Silver Bullet 15"

Re: Print and Cut - Remove Background

Postby Gigi » August 31st, 2014, 5:12 pm

I think we have it - the stroke and fill lines were showing on her file which may have been throwing it off. Once they were turned off it oulined the shape without the bounding box. Hoping that she can get the same results. Fingers are crossed!

EDIT: After playing with the file a little more I think the bigger problem was the orientation of the file. My printer was in portrait mode but the file was in landscape - so when I flipped the printer it printed perfectly!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot