Can I revert back to the old SCAL3?

Can I revert back to the old SCAL3?

Postby tamihowse » August 11th, 2014, 7:31 pm

I just updated SCAL 3 to the latest version, and I hate this one! When I import files, they don't have a "fill" color, and might only show an outline when my cursor is over it. It shuts down with a runtime error frequently. There are other issues as well (which I can't think of right now). I'm really sorry I updated it. Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Re: Can I revert back to the old SCAL3?

Postby jobab » August 11th, 2014, 8:44 pm

Hi Tami

I would send a support request on the Craft Edge website to make them aware of the problems you are experiencing, they are normally very good with fixes and appreciate the feedback so they can improve things.
jobab

Cutter: Silver Bullet,Silhouette Cameo,cougar

Postby Gigi » August 12th, 2014, 12:22 am

I agree with Jo, Tami - and am running the latest update with no problems.

That being said , you can always go back. Lisa taught me to save older versions of SCAL in case I needed to go back until something was fixed - you can certainly go back, but I know Brandon would want to hear what you are experiencing so he can correct any issues that may plague others.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Gigi » August 12th, 2014, 4:54 pm

tamihowse

Hi Tami -

I had some time to play around with SCAL this afternoon and I think I understand what you are saying. I was fooling with different flourishes and the color in the fill is not what shows up on the page, even when I selected and switched the color - it all looks the same on the screen unless you move the cursor over it - and even that color is not the selected color - right?? I have tried several times and the color is not represented on the screen or the virtual mat - I get it!

I am not having the runtime errors or shutdown, but I hope you get answers from Brandon on that. I will direct him to this thread as well in the hopes that it will help.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Tami. If you need an older version of SCAL in the meantime, I have a few on my desktop! :)

EDITED WITH NEW INFO....
@tamihowse

Will PM the new build for you to try.....

As for the fill problems - I had a real DUH moment when messing around to try to duplicate the problem. Be sure that you don't have the box checked under View>Show Outlines Only! Mine was checked (somehow :banghead: ) hence the fill errors. Mine is filling beautifully now. I hope that will help you as well. Please let me know so I can follow up with Brandon as need be. I am going to the corner now!! :hide: :hide: :shock:
It's the easy stuff that stumps me every time! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby tamihowse » August 14th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Hey, Gigi. Thank. I did check and I don't have the show outlines only checked. I don't have an updated version of scal3 pro, and right now, I'm not going to update it...yet.
Unfortunately, the files so far that are giving me problems are ones that I need to cut for customers. So far, they haven't ordered any of them, but at this point, I might be up the creek if the do.
Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Postby Gigi » August 14th, 2014, 8:48 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmm - well darn! I was hoping...........

I am running the updated version of SCAL Pro and am experiencing no problems whatsoever (except that it didnt save my calibration numbers so after messing up a couple of print and cuts I realized what was going on!!) Note to self - check settings first! :banghead: The fill is working beautifully and no runtime errors. I know Brandon is working on this for you so am sure he will get you up and running. Please let us know once it is all worked out in case someone else has an issue.

Fingers are crossed. I know he will work on it until he solves the problem. Wish there was more I could do to help.......

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot