measurements in SCAL don't match Illustrator???

measurements in SCAL don't match Illustrator???

Postby suemcnenly » June 30th, 2014, 4:26 pm

Hey there. I seem to be having unusual problems lately. BTW....this may have always been the case, but I just noticed.

Anyway, I only design in Illustrator, save as .svg, then bring into SCAL and cut. All works great. I just noticed something odd. I cut tiny circles (.8mm) and noticed all of the sudden that they weren't cutting out nicely in SCAL. Then when I clicked on the circle in SCAL, they didn't show .8mm, they showed a smaller measurement. I've recreated here with inches, much larger, just to illustrate the point. I've drawn a circle in Illustrator (1" diam), then put two .25" diam circles inside. I've got 2 different stoke widths on the inner circles, just to show that it makes no diff what that is. Picture one shows the Illustrator design, and shows that the circle is 1" diam. Picture 2 shows the svg brought into SCAL, and shows that the circle is now measuring .75 inches. What gives???????????????? I didn't show it, but the exact same thing happens with the 2 inner circles. Again, makes no diff what the stroke width is....I'm getting smaller dimensions for everything in SCAL.

My work is very precise and this is a real problem. Please help. thx. Sue

Argggggg....Just pulled up a project that i had saved before I updated SCAL. The circles in the old file are the same size in SCAL and Illustrator??? It's only since I updated SCAL that new circles are being made smaller in SCAL????????

suemcnenly

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: measurements in SCAL don't match Illustrator???

Postby suemcnenly » June 30th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Ok....just discovered it seems to be an Illustrator thing. If i do the same thing in Illustrator CS6, it's all fine. If I do it in CC2014 it downsizes by 25%. I'll look at how the svg's are saving differently and post if I get an answer. I'll leave this up in case anyone else has this problem after updating the CC2014. Odd!
suemcnenly

Postby Gigi » June 30th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Also be sure to change your settings in SCAL to Illustrator not Inkscape. That will alter your DPI which may help. It's under Edit>Preferences. The SVG changes to 72 (inkscape is 90 - I believe. ) Not sure which one you have checked.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby suemcnenly » June 30th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Thx Gigi....turned out it was all embedded in the svg settings on the new AI CC as opposed to the AI CS6:) I went screen by screen into the options with each program side by side. New thing on CC that just has to be unclicked:) All good!
suemcnenly

Postby Gigi » June 30th, 2014, 6:10 pm

Great to hear Sue - thanks for letting us know!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Thyme » June 30th, 2014, 8:16 pm

Sue, what was the new thing that had to be unticked?
Thyme

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot