Using SCAL with MacBook Air

Using SCAL with MacBook Air

Postby wjhoverson » May 29th, 2014, 8:31 am

Does anyone have any issues using SCAL with a Mac that you wouldn't have using it with a PC? I have been using MTC for many years now but am in need of a new laptop and am really interested in the MacBook Air. MTC doesn't seem to have much interested in making their software compatible with Mac. This was their response when I asked about it: "Andy writes software for Windows. Making native Mac software would be wonderful and hopefully this is something we will be able to tackle in the future." Seems like this is something they should tackle now and make their product marketable to both PC and Mac users. My opinion I guess. Anyway, I am going to change to SCAL, whether I purchase a PC or a Mac, but wanted to know if there were any issues I should be aware of before I make that decision. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!
wjhoverson

Cutter: Cougar & Silver Bullet

Re: Using SCAL with MacBook Air

Postby PennyDuncan » May 29th, 2014, 9:21 am

There are several here who use MAC computers and have no issues with SCAL at all...Brandon has created the SCAL program to work seamlessly with MAC's......so go for it!!! ;)
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Thyme » May 29th, 2014, 12:01 pm

I use Scal on both an IMac and a Mac Pro - no problems at all
Thyme

Postby LisaH » May 30th, 2014, 8:59 am

I use it on MAC and love it. Just make sure, if you purchase one, deactivate "App Nap" for SCAL on the computer. ;)
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot