lynx driver

lynx driver

Postby holly136 » May 22nd, 2014, 8:25 pm

hi im looking for a lynx driver for an old lynx machine. my machine isnt connecting with my computer. i bought the machine off Joanne in Perth Australia. We haven't used the machine for about 5 years so that's why i think i need new software.
holly136

Cutter: black cat lynx

Re: lynx driver

Postby PennyDuncan » May 23rd, 2014, 8:59 am

You will use the Black Cat driver for the Lynx....
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby holly136 » May 25th, 2014, 10:34 pm

thank you for your reply. i need new black cat software. i dont know where to get it from but i was told someone on here may be able to give me a link for it? i have tried 2 computers and none of them are connecting with my lynx.
holly136

Postby Angel135612 » May 25th, 2014, 11:50 pm

What software are you using now for the machine? You could use SCAL and you can purchase that program from www.craftedge.com. You can try it for free for 30 days to make sure it works, and it should, before you buy it. But I beleive that even the previous versions of SCAL should work with the lynx.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby holly136 » May 26th, 2014, 12:45 am

Its not the program its my actual machine isn't picking up. Its like there is no machine. So my comp wont recognise it. A lady i spoke to said i would need a new software for my actual cutter.
holly136

Postby Gigi » May 26th, 2014, 2:03 am

Have you downloaded the drivers for the machine? I suggest you contact Jo. I also suggest you register for the BC learning center as you will find driver information there.

The machine comes with software if you bought from Jo. My guess is that you need to install the drivers and you will find a link to the appropriate driver in the learning center in the Lynx manual.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby holly136 » May 26th, 2014, 2:32 am

The machine came with software but because its old now i have lost software and im using a diff comp
so in looking for a link to download the software
holly136

Postby Angel135612 » May 26th, 2014, 8:12 am

Okay, I'm confused, in one post you say it isn't the program, but software, (which is the same thing) saying the machine won't pick up. That indicates you have a program to use in sending the designs to the machine, but it just doesn't recognize the machine, which indicates you need a driver for the software, to recognize the machine. Then in another post, you say that you need the software because it is old and you are on a new computer now and lost it. Which indicates that you don't have ANY software at all to send designs to your machine. You said a lady says you need new software, but you don't indicate "what lady" told you this. Did you buy this machine used from someone that didn't want it any more, or did you buy it from Jo who sells the machines in Australia? If you bought it used, and they didn't include the software, then you will need to purchase one of two different programs. You DO NOT NEED BOTH, you can use just one of them.
IF you already had software, but lost it due to getting a new computer, then you need to contact the software company for the software you were using. The software that comes with the machines when purchased new, is created by 3rd party companies and they have an agreement with the machine suppliers to bundle the software with NEW purchases. Since you said you lost it, you will have to contact the software company and if they have your registration in their database, they should be able to help you getting your software back, but most software companies do NOT continue to support or supply older version of the software once they have upgraded it.
At one time MTC (Make the Cut) was bundled with the machines, and updates and upgrades are free, IF you have registered it, and you needed to register it in order to have it working fully. You can go to www.makethecut.com and download the latest version, and you will need your registration info to use the software.
SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) is now being bundled with the machines, and they charge for upgrades. You will have to pay an upgrade fee IF you had an older version of that software registered to get the latest version. Again, they should be able to help you if they have a record of you registering the software.
Their website is www.craftedge.com

In either case, you can not download older versions of the program as they don't make them available after they have upgraded the programs.
Angel135612

Postby kaffee » May 26th, 2014, 8:33 am

Hello,
Newly-registered in this forum and as a prospective SB buyer, reading this and software-related threads to get me acquainted with the machine sure does help. The link to Make the Cut (MTC), however, should point to:
under which you can find the support page to ask about your requirements
and its forum thread on software versions and updates
as I just found out. HTH Ü Thank you Angel135612 for the explanation.

RE:
Angel135612 wrote:...At one time MTC (Make the Cut) was bundled with the machines, and updates and upgrades are free, IF you have registered it, and you needed to register it in order to have it working fully. You can go to http://www.makethecut.com and download the latest version, and you will need your registration info to use the software.
SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) is now being bundled with the machines, and they charge for upgrades. You will have to pay an upgrade fee IF you had an older version of that software registered to get the latest version. Again, they should be able to help you if they have a record of you registering the software.
Their website is http://www.craftedge.com

In either case, you can not download older versions of the program as they don't make them available after they have upgraded the programs.
kaffee

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Postby holly136 » May 26th, 2014, 6:35 pm

Sorry for the confusion. What i have is inkscape and scal but csnt do anything with them as my comp isn't recognising my machine. So by the sounds of what you have said i need to go to make the cut and download it??
holly136

Postby Gigi » May 26th, 2014, 6:45 pm

No....... make the cut is just another software program like SCAL and Inkscape. I believe what you are missing is the driver installation for the lynx.

Again, please apply to the BC Learning Center so you can get the driver and that should enable your software to find the Lynx - at least that is what seems to be the problem to me!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » May 26th, 2014, 6:47 pm

If you have SCAL do you know what version it is?? You should be able to get that to work, but would need the driver for it, as has been mentioned previously. If it is registered it should work, even the older versions. If it is not registered then the program will not work until it is registered.
Angel135612

Postby holly136 » May 26th, 2014, 8:22 pm

can someone please provide me with link for bc learning centre. thank you
holly136

Postby Angel135612 » May 26th, 2014, 8:49 pm

If you look at the top of the page here, you will see a tab for the learning center. You will need to register for it, and wait for approval before you can access it. The approval usually takes about 24 to 48 hours, but can happen faster, depending on when they are notified of a request.
Angel135612

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot