What I want to cut is longer than the mat

What I want to cut is longer than the mat

Postby cwasserman » April 3rd, 2014, 7:13 am

I need to have my SB cut out some letters for a very simple layout. Each letter is 4 inches tall and 1.5 inches wide.
The first word is 8 letters, the second word is 5 letters. It all needs to be on one line. I've only done PNC and I don't know what order the blade is going to cut in. If my mat is landscape, where does the cutting start? If my mat is portrait where does the cutting start? How do I get the SB and SCAL to cut everything at one time on one time. I don't have a mat that big. I hope this makes sense. Thanks.
cwasserman

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Re: What I want to cut is longer than the mat

Postby Gigi » April 3rd, 2014, 9:18 am

Lets say your mat is 12" wide and 24" long for the sake of explaining. Once you have your words ready, It might be easiest to select the two words and rotate them 90 degrees so the far left of your first letter would be at the bottom. Just put two words together with those individual dimensions to show you how it fits. I know I didnt do the right number of letters - just rushing to put something up to show you. Clearly four more letters would fit assuming you have a mat that long. What you cut has to be able to fit on the mat. Is there a reason you need them to cut on one line? If you weld the letters it will take up even more space.

The cutting will start where you set the origin. I suggest you go back to the learning center and read through some of information on cutting in SCAL. That should help with some of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby cwasserman » April 3rd, 2014, 2:16 pm

I want to cut on one line because the person who is going to use it for a sign will have an easier time with it than if I break it up.

I went back and reread the origin section several times. I thought it was a one time setting, but apparently you can move it as needed.

Thanks for your help.
cwasserman

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Gigi » April 3rd, 2014, 5:57 pm

Yes. You set the origin each time you cut so the machine knows where align the cutting. So imagine drawing a straight line from wherever you set the origin toward the machine - so a vertical line as you look at it. That will be the lowest point of your cutting so the bottom of all of those letters will rest on that imaginary line.

I hope that makes sense!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot