SCAL 3 PERSONAL LIBRARY - HOW TO

SCAL 3 PERSONAL LIBRARY - HOW TO

Postby muehlbce » March 9th, 2014, 10:00 am

Hello Everyone, I just rec'd my SB Pro 24" - BEYOND EXCITED! Here's my SCAL 3 question: I have been utilizing SCAL 2 for many years successfully, so I'm familiar with the program. Is there someone in our community who can help me figure out how to get my personal library into SCAL 3? I have spent at least 4 hours yesterday checking many forum's and frequently asked questions to include this forum, Craftedge, SVG Cuts, Youtube, googling, etc. but I can't seem to figure it out (and I would much rather have spent this time learning my SB). I'm just hoping it's something simple. What I can fill you in on is this: I was able to copy all of my SVG Cuts and SCUT files (and I have MANY) into "My Projects"; however, when I go to open the files NOTHING shows in the pane/or panel...and I mean nothing! It's so strange because the whole tree (meaning all the files and subfolders) are there, but the actual end image/file is empty!!!! My brain is very confused because if SCAL 3 can have the built in Fonts, Shapes Library with all of the already there shapes, AND even have a tab already set-up specifically for My Projects, etc., then why can't I have my own personal library under "My Projects"? This is probably something so simple that I'm just not getting, but I just had to reach out now to you all after my extensive research fail yesterday. Your help will be GREATLY appreciated. Chris :)
muehlbce

Cutter: Reviewing the 24" Silver Bullet Pro

Re: SCAL 3 PERSONAL LIBRARY - HOW TO

Postby muehlbce » March 9th, 2014, 12:44 pm

Phew, finally! I figured out that I can copy all of my existing SVG/SCAL/SCUT folders/files into the library directly under the Shapes tab. All I kept insisting on doing yesterday was try to load them in the library under the Projects tab. It just made sense to me that that is where they should've went. But it does work where I just put them now. Good enough...I'm happy :) Chris
muehlbce

Postby Elizabeth » March 9th, 2014, 1:04 pm

Glad you figured it out, Chris. I still haven't added any of my own files to SCAL, as I am so comfortable using the windows format. I will have to check out your method someday when I get a chance to play.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » March 9th, 2014, 1:18 pm

I agree , Elizabeth. We all get used to whatever works for us and I just go to my SVG files in Windows (they are actually in SkyDrive so I don't lose them!), and access them that way. It just never occurred to me to load them in SCAL. Thanks for reminding us that there are other ways, Chris. And so glad you figured it out!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby muehlbce » March 9th, 2014, 11:54 pm

Oh, sure thing ladies. I'm glad I could help :) I just love having my personal library right there in SCAL because I can see a image of the item/file right there in the pane...just like you can see the shapes and fonts. It is a very nice feature, especially one that I have grown very much used to in my many years of using SCAL 2. The only files that did NOT copy over were the ones that I personally designed/created within SCAL 2. However, I am very much able to bring them into 3 through the Windows venue. By the way, thank you very much for your replies :)
muehlbce

Postby Gigi » March 10th, 2014, 12:09 am

You are welcome, Chris. Thank you for showing us a new way to do things!! Looking forward to experimenting with that!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby muehlbce » March 10th, 2014, 11:14 pm

Hi, it's me again. I just wanted to share this with you. I also asked this same question to Craft Edge and they responded to me this morning. Here is what they had to say regarding this subject:

Hi Christine

.scut files need to go in the My Documents/Craft Edge/My Projects

.svg files need to go in the My Documents/Craft Edge/My Deisngs

Sincerely
- The Craft Edge Team
http://www.craftedge.com
muehlbce

Postby Gigi » March 11th, 2014, 12:23 am

That is super cool - just tried it. Works like a charm. Tried both svg and scal (scut files) following the simple directions - thank you!

How easy to put the designs that are used more often than others right there at your fingertips.

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot