X & Y Values Will not save

X & Y Values Will not save

Postby RedPunchDesign » February 2nd, 2014, 11:51 am

Hi there,
So I tried this in both Scal v 3.053 and 3.056. No cigar.
I have my business cards set 6 up.... 3 columns, 3 rows.
Far right column- the cut is off .125" to the right, far left column is .125" to the left, the middle column is closest to being correct.
I tried deleting the left and right columns and duplicated the middle to replace the left and right column, same bad results.
Someone else had this issue, they said there was a glitch with the version they were using but it was scal 2. I tried what they tried, save then hit cancel, and even save, close scal and re-open. No luck.

Here is the strangest part, I printed and cut three shapes from the SCAL library and it worked perfectly.

I feel like I am getting so close, but am beyond frustrated with how much time I am losing. Is there a better program for me? I know that MTC isn't compatible with Mac and a Silver Bullet.

I posted this on the craftedge forum and emailed their support, I'll post any updates
RedPunchDesign

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Re: X & Y Values Will not save

Postby Elizabeth » February 2nd, 2014, 8:42 pm

Sorry, I'm too inexperienced with SCAL to be able to be of any help. Hopefully you'll get a workable solution soon.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby RedPunchDesign » February 19th, 2014, 4:45 pm

I ended up sticking with Scal v 3.053.
The X Y values will creep up a point on both axises after I cut??? So I go in every time and change back.
So...I imported the SVG which only showed half of the cut lines that I needed, then I imported the file as a png (which gave me the other half of the cut lines) and scaled it down to the sized of the svg.
This is what I was doing for the longest time but the png files were not importing, but somehow miraculously are now.
Craft edge sent me ANOTHER version of SCAL a few days ago, I'll test it out next week and update you all.
The colors on the png aren't as good as the svg, so I definitely need this to work as it should.
RedPunchDesign

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Postby Elizabeth » February 19th, 2014, 5:11 pm

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the new version will be workable for you.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » February 19th, 2014, 5:19 pm

I have noticed for a while that my x value changes - not the y but the x - just barely. I make it a habit to check every time.

Hope the new version works. Thanks for reminding me to email Brandon.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby TerranScapes » February 21st, 2014, 11:05 am

I'm glad I jumped over here to see what is going on for posts. :)

RedPunch, your problem seems similar to mine. I'm getting cuts that don't match the objects size in the layout. Mine are off .0625, and only in one direction? Why not both the vertical and horizontal lines?? I describe this issue with screen shots in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5011

And, I have noticed the slight changes in dimensions sometimes. As Gigi said, I triple check them all the time. It doesn't happen all the time, and I haven't tried to trouble shoot it find out when it does it.

I haven't tried importing any other types of files - I'm just cutting what I draw in SCAL. I'm using version 3.057.

Did you find a solution to these issues? I would be very interested to hear. What version of SCAL did they send you to try out? You're importing of png and svg and overlaying them, (if I understand) sounds crazy cumbersome. :)

I have thought of moving to InkScape, but since you have to import the image into SCAL for cutting, I didn't think it would solve this issue. Perhaps I am wrong?
TerranScapes

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot