SCAL Pro and Corel Draw question

Re: SCAL Pro and Corel Draw question

Postby Gigi » December 27th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Pat,
There are a lot of options to transfer files from one computer to another.

1. Set up a network with a wireless router so you can see stored files on your main computer from the laptop, or

2. Save your files to somewhere like skydrive, dropbox, etc and then access them from the laptop by logging in, or

3. Use a flash drive or SD card to manually transfer files back and forth..

i am sure there are other options, but hope one of those will help.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby cjchasse » December 27th, 2013, 7:57 pm

Hi Suzan:

I can get the educational version because I work in a school but the only problem with that is when they come out with a new version, I can't upgrade with the educational version, isn't that true?
cjchasse

Cutter: Prospective buyer

Postby Suzan » December 27th, 2013, 10:53 pm

I don't know that, I know that it automatically updates and I am running the most current version. I only use this software for rhinestoning. There is a macro I purchased called The Rhinestone Wizard (amazing ) and currently they only have it for Corel Draw. I know it is still a nice chunk of money, but at least you can use it. I keep going back to an older version of AI just because I know it better than the newest one. LOL.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Angel135612 » December 27th, 2013, 11:58 pm

Pat, I either save the files to a USB jump drive and take that to my laptop, or put it in a folder that I can access from either computer. We have the house on a wireless network so I set up my computers to be able to access my cutting files from either one. But just saving them to a jump drive and then putting that in my laptop is quick and easy. My laptop is on the dining room table (that is where my SB lives since we don't really use the dining room table to eat at), and my desktop is in the basement office. I prefer to work on my desktop, since I have a larger screen, and just like the movement of the mouse on it over my laptop... I feel like I have more control when I'm editing a file on my desktop.
You can put SCAL and MTC on two computers, so I can use either program to send to the cutter, or do some quick editing if I don't want to go back to my desktop when I'm cutting something out.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby pigtailpat » December 28th, 2013, 7:45 am

Gigi, Suzan and Diane - thanks for the tips. After the holidays I want to do SOMETHING to make it easier for me (in a physical way) to cut large media. Because darn I must get my 2 ply back in my hands. The current location of the cutter works great for 90% of my cutting. It is just when I have use the large mat, it's a big pain.

Suzan, I am especially interested in the cart you mentioned. Please post a picture. Because I do have a cart in this house, I think in the attic, not sure if it is long enough to accommodate the cutter.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Suzan » December 28th, 2013, 10:56 am

Here you go Pat, I have a 15" machine. I like it because I can adjust the shelves for the height I want it to be. And as you can see store other stuff on the shelves. The useable shelf width and depth are 29" x 18"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby pigtailpat » December 28th, 2013, 11:08 am

Oh WOW! That looks like the shelving I can get at Costco, and there is a way to do it, so that it is in half like your photo, but longer. This has my brain whirring, because I can set up not only that, but I might be able to squeeze in other things for my sewing along a particular wall in my space. I have to think though, because of the tables on the cat, I need significant depth. Over the summer, I organized my garage with shelving from costco, it didn't occur to me until you posted your photo, that I might be able to do the same with my sewing/craft space. Thank you for jogging my brain. I'm attaching a photo of the garage organization I did over the summer. It STILL is very clean and the shelving is working wonders at keeping everything in its place.

Pat

after-web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Angel135612 » December 28th, 2013, 11:10 am

Ohhhh.. I like that cart Suzan... may have to see if I can get one that would be wide enough for my 24 inch machine so I can get it off my table and move it around when I need to, plus the extra storage area is always good to have.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » December 28th, 2013, 11:31 am

Your garage looks good, Pat. DH has ours fairly well organized, there is just too much stuff!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby Suzan » December 28th, 2013, 11:45 am

Diane, I got it on ebay. When I was searching I think Rolling Carts there were many many sizes. I paid about 80 for this one, but is is super heavy duty, for restaurant stuff, I think each shelf will hold 300 lbs.
Pat. I have one of these shelves in my craft room. I just put contact paper on the shelves. I had my printer sitting on one and the spacing was great so I could print large items. And now it stores my vinyl rolls and two storage units with all my card stock. The stackable 12 x 12 drawers.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby MeFlick » December 29th, 2013, 9:36 am

pigtail pat wrote:. . . How do you transfer the files once you have saved them on the main computer, to get them on the laptop computer hooked up to the cutter?. . .
Pat

Pat, I work on multiple computers depending upon where I am/what I am doing. I have a free "Dropbox" account that I primarily use (but any cloud service or any storage that you can reach wirelessly will work). When I design on a computer different from one in my craft room, I drop the file in my dropbox account and then access it wirelessly on the computer in the craft room to get the file to cut. Of course, you can always fall back on the old "sneaker net" system if wireless access is not available for some reason (i.e. put the files on a usb thumb drive and walk it into the other computer and download form the thumb drive! ;) )
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby cjchasse » December 30th, 2013, 9:58 pm

Suzan - do you use the CorelDraw plugin to transfer to SCAl? I can't get it to work.
cjchasse

Postby Suzan » December 30th, 2013, 10:40 pm

No I don't sorry, I use Sign Cut Pro. I use SCAL for other things, but always cut from Sign Cut. Someone else had a problem and got it to work. But I can't remember who. I am sorry.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby cjchasse » December 31st, 2013, 11:00 am

No problem, maybe I'll download it again and see if that works.
cjchasse

Postby ArtessanoQP » June 11th, 2016, 8:13 pm

I can use CorelDraw 12 with SB 24 "? somebody knows?
ArtessanoQP

Cutter: 24in cutter

Postby Gigi » June 11th, 2016, 9:00 pm

Yes you can. You will have to save your file as an svg and then open into SCAL - you cannot cut directly from CorelDraw to SCAL. Earlier versions of Corel Draw can cut directly if using SCAL PRO and the download here. http://craftedge.com/download/download_extras.php

But again , you can do your work in Corel Draw, save as an svg and open just fine in SCAL.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby ArtessanoQP » June 11th, 2016, 11:54 pm

but in SCAL I can not do big jobs like side stickers for pick ups, only small jobs for cellphones or small pieces. I need to cut my designs in corel draw
ArtessanoQP

Postby Gigi » June 12th, 2016, 12:58 am

What size design are you talking about? If you need to do larger than the regular version of SCAL, you can upgrade to SCAL PRO for longer cutting. SCAL contains the drivers for the Silver Bullet in order to cut. You cannot cut directly from Corel Draw. Corel Draw does not have the drivers for the Silver Bullet. Neither does Illustrator. That is why you need a separate program to cut, although you can design in either.

Again, you can save it as an svg and import into SCAL. If the length exceeds even what SCAL PRO can do (I believe it is 72" - have to look it up to be sure) you can piece your design. And of course you cannot exceed the width of your machine.

Please verify where your machine was originally purchased so you can apply to the learning center and get additional help.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby ArtessanoQP » June 12th, 2016, 7:39 am

the machine is original , was bought Directly from page 3 or 2 years ago . I bought it here in Guatemala. and I send my serial number and my name to access the learning center but I'm still waiting the answer in your Profile in Facebook.
I need to make cuts of 134" x 23" or 24 ".
ArtessanoQP

Postby Gigi » June 12th, 2016, 9:10 am

Cutting 24" is doable, but you will have to be very careful where you start your cuts as the maximum width is 24". If you upgrade to SCAL 4 Pro, you can cut longer than 72" - I am not sure how much further as I have not needed to test it and could not find it quickly on the developer website. You may have to tile your design. There may be others on here who have tested the software at that length. I can email the software developer if no one else is sure of the maximum length. But again, an upgrade in software will be necessary to cut that length. Are you cutting vinyl? Just wondering...

The person manning Facebook will not be able to give you an answer. You will need to contact Sherri directly at info@silverbulletcutters.com and provide her with the name of the original purchaser - the order number or the original purchaser is what is needed to verify that it is one of our machines. The serial number will not help unfortunately.

You have not applied to the learning center as there is no registration pending under your name. It is a separate registration from the forum. You can certainly apply, but will need to provide the name of the original purchaser so we have something concrete to reference. You can click on the SB Learning Center tab above to fill out the registration. Sherri will be back in the office tomorrow and will be happy to check then.

Gigi
Gigi

PreviousNext

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot