SCAL Pro and Corel Draw question

Re: SCAL Pro and Corel Draw question

Postby ArtessanoQP » June 12th, 2016, 1:54 pm

I only work with vinyl. I want to return it because it is very complicated to use for my work. I can not believe that can be used without SCAL this program is nothing compared with CorelDraw or Illustrator to me are much better. I feel a little disappointed. I expected a lot of this machine.
ArtessanoQP

Cutter: 24in cutter

Postby Gigi » June 12th, 2016, 2:13 pm

The machine is fabulous. You can continue to do whatever you want in Corel Draw and just use SCAL to cut. Let me try to explain it simply - I know there is a language barrier.

You are designing in Corel Draw. You can continue to do that. When you are done with your design, you can save it as a .cdr, but also save it (or export as) an svg file. Then you simply open up SCAL, import the svg file, and cut. You are not doing your designing in SCAL - nothing changes - you are just using SCAL as the vehicle to be able to cut. Does that make sense?

It's like writing a letter in Microsoft Word. You don't write it on the printer. You write it in the Word software and then send it to the printer when you are done. I don't know if that is any easier for you to understand.

Again, the machine is fabulous and can do whatever you need it to do. You don't have to do any of your design in SCAL - it just enables what you have designed in Corel Draw to be cut. Without SCAL you cannot cut your design. We have a good number of people designing in both Corel Draw and Illustrator.

Hope that makes sense to you.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby ArtessanoQP » June 17th, 2016, 10:32 pm

I understand , my question is the size of the design to be cut , because I do not know the page size using SCAL.

another question , which brings USB ? brings the SCAL program or what?
ArtessanoQP

Postby Gigi » June 18th, 2016, 12:39 am

You can custom make a mat in SCAL the size that you need it. You just have to stay within the boundaries of the machine as stated earlier. Just save your design as an .svg and import into SCAL and adjust the mat size accordingly.

I don't understand your question about USB. The machine is connected to the computer via USB.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby ArtessanoQP » June 18th, 2016, 1:44 am

I need SCAL to use the machine , but the manual says that the USB brings the program and searched and found nothing .
ArtessanoQP

Postby Gigi » June 18th, 2016, 9:31 am

SCAL comes with the machine only with the original buyer - or if you purchase the used machine buyer program that was referenced at the beginning of helping you. It provides technical support and the SCAL program. Otherwise you will have to purchase it separately.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5580#p93122

Gigi
Gigi

Postby ArtessanoQP » June 18th, 2016, 11:16 am

but Scal is in the machine or USB ?
ArtessanoQP

Postby ArtessanoQP » June 18th, 2016, 11:18 am

where can I get it?
ArtessanoQP

Postby MeFlick » June 18th, 2016, 11:38 am

SCAL is neither in the cutter machine or on a USB stick. The original buyer of a machine is given a "code" when they buy the machine which is the "license" to use to install SCAL on their computer. That code is provided in their welcome email I believe. However, that license is for the original buyer only and is NOT transferable per the EULA from SCAL once it has been installed by the original buyer. Thus if you bought the machine used - and the original buyer already activated their SCAL license - you will have to buy your own license and install SCAL directly from the developer, Craft Edge, site. This can be done on their home site here: http://craftedge.com NOTE: There are several versions of SCAL - SCAL 4 is the latest. Then there is SCAL 4 Pro that offers some different options but costs more $. You will need to review carefully the differences on their site to determine which is best for your needs. If the original buyer did not activate their SCAL license, and wanted to provide that to you that would be up to them. If you bought your machine new and did not get the SCAL code, you would need to contact support to get help.

As Gigi already noted, the primary purpose of SCAL is to send the "cutting instructions" to the cutter. That was what SCAL was designed for - to send "cut" files to electronic cutters. While you can do basic design work with SCAL (and many people do), it is not intended to be a heavy duty and thus much more expensive design program like Illustrator and Core Draw. It does not have all the "bells and whistles" of those high end programs. It was not created to compete with those programs. It was created simply to allow users to do basic work and send cutting instructions to their cutters. However, that said its also true that not everyone who uses the cutters want to pay $$$$ for high end design programs like AI and CD and SCAL meets their needs. Others choose to use a free program like Inkscape to design in and then use SCAL to cut. That is the great thing about these cutters and SCAL, you can design in the program of choice and then export out in SVG and bring it into SCAL to cut with. If you presently design in Illustrator or Corel Draw, you can continue to do so and then simply use SCAL to "cut" with. However, you will still need to have a licensed copy to do so.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » June 18th, 2016, 12:37 pm

And again - if you purchase the used machine buyers program so you will get additional technical support, SCAL will come with that - which is a good way to go, especially since there is a bit of a language barrier. If you have trouble setting up there would be more ability to give you one on one tech support if needed.

We cannot verify who you purchased your machine from so we are unable to give you further support.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby ArtessanoQP » June 18th, 2016, 1:06 pm

Are right , thank you. I'll talk to the original buyer to see if I can get that code but I doubt much, if in case she lose the code and not activate the code , they could give me a new one?
ArtessanoQP

Postby Gigi » June 18th, 2016, 1:13 pm

The software is not transferrable. You would have to purchase new software - you cannot get a new code unless you purchase the software or the used machine buyers program which includes software. And since we have not been able to verify the name you gave us, you are not eligible for the used machine buyer program.
Melanie gave you the website where you can purchase the software and then get a valid code.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby ArtessanoQP » June 18th, 2016, 1:29 pm

the original purchaser sent an email to the site to try the Get the code was given.
ArtessanoQP

Postby Gigi » June 18th, 2016, 1:35 pm

You cannot get the code - it is not transferable.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Quikee Polanco » June 20th, 2016, 1:21 pm

I do not understand why my user has deleted and that's unprofessional, but I'll know in a couple of years as the best of Guatemala Using silver bullet. Thanks for all your attention and help.

God bless you all. and Sherri can delete this account if you want, I do not care . I am a professional user looking for answers, but you disappoint me. ;)
Quikee Polanco

Cutter: SB 24"

Postby Gigi » June 20th, 2016, 4:25 pm

I am sorry you are disappointed. We are equally disappointed that you have been unable or unwilling to give us a valid name of the person from whom you purchased your machine. You have received help from our Facebook Admin as well as Admin here -but it is never enough. And you have repeatedly badmouthed the machine without even using it. We can only do so much to assist you without knowing if this is one of our machines.

Many of us have tried to help, but we are at a standstill. If you have information that can help rectify this situation, please email Sherri directly at info@silverbulletcutters.com.

This topic will now be closed from further discussion.

Gigi
Gigi

Previous

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot