How to trace a jpg already imported??

How to trace a jpg already imported??

Postby allorache » August 13th, 2012, 6:27 am

So I figured out how to trace an image by going to File - Trace Image. But that just gives me the image outline. I want the whole image because I want to do print and cut. So I did File-Place Image and that brings in my jpg. But now I don't see any way to trace. My image file is a square but the actual image I want cut is an oval inside the square, so don't I need to trace the oval?? But I can't figure out how...
CMB_3_0val_J.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
allorache

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Re: How to trace a jpg already imported??

Postby allorache » August 13th, 2012, 6:37 am

I think I figured this out? Use File-Trace Image and check the add image layer box??
allorache

Postby Elizabeth » August 13th, 2012, 12:10 pm

Looks like you need an SCAL expert. I'm not one by a long shot, but some one who is will be along shortly to help, I'm sure.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby newbiecat » August 13th, 2012, 12:24 pm

HI

Where does the file come from ? I mean did you design it in another programme? If so which one? It will make a difference . Tyler has a great video on print and cut in the learning centre which may help - I did one on adjusting your printers which is on youtube - my channel is newbiecrafter.

If you need more help please holler and attach the file to the post. Let me know what size printer you have and how many times you want to cut it out and I can create a file for you

#good luck
Pandora
newbiecat

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet

Postby Tyler » August 16th, 2012, 9:05 am

Here is a link to the Silver Bullet SCAL print and cut/instructions...it shows you the various ways to import an image for print and cut.

http://learn.silverbulletcutters.com/sc ... t-and-cut/
Tyler

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot