Cutting with SCAL3- Machine begins then Pauses

Cutting with SCAL3- Machine begins then Pauses

Postby healysha » July 25th, 2012, 2:55 pm

Hi all. I have been working with the Black Cat Lynx for about 2 months now. I intermittently have an issue with my machine Pausing during a cut. When It does this, it doesn't comes out of Pause, I have to shut it off. Today, I am trying to work with my machine and I have tried no fewer than a dozen times to cut the same project (ruining a bunch of vinyl before I then realized this problem wasn't going to be corrected easily and switched to paper...ugh). I have turned my machine off, my computer off, unpluged my machine and computer and more. I just don't get what's going on. The machine cuts about one line of a letter, and then the machine Pauses. Any suggestions as to what is going on? I also redid the entire project on a new page and rearranged some letters and moved them in more so that they were no where near the sides. That too did not help.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can offer up!

Shannon
healysha

Cutter: Lynx

Re: Cutting with SCAL3- Machine begins then Pauses

Postby Tyler » July 25th, 2012, 7:11 pm

Hi Shannon - It sounds like you are trying to cut past your cutting width. The lynx can only cut out up to 12 inches wide and that begins immediately at the right side of the machine. If you try and cut past that, then the machine will go into pause mode and you have to restart it by turning the machine off and then back on.

You can fix it in a couple of ways:

1. make sure your design is less than 12 inches wide.
2. make sure you are using origin point cutting inside of SCAL (this assumes you are using portrait mat orientation made.)
3. make sure your mat is loaded to the right side of the machine
4. make sure that your paper is loaded to the right side of the mat

Basically, you are just trying to keep your design so you are within your 12 inch cutting width.

I hope that helps!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby tamihowse » July 25th, 2012, 7:44 pm

I have the same problem, though, Tyler, and I have the Cougar. It has happened on Signcut and SCAL 3. I would be cutting a large piece of subway art (several words, but well within the size of the Cougar), and then Cougar stops after about 10 words out of about 17-18 words, not finishing the weeding lines. It has caused me to have to design in 2 sections, which is a pain. I've thought of getting the keyspan thingy, but I haven't gotten that far.
I'm just modifying my designing, which I'd love not to have to do if I could.
Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Postby Suzan » July 25th, 2012, 7:48 pm

If you are going to be doing a lot of larger designs, you might want to invest in the keyspan. It is well worth it in the long run.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Tyler » July 25th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Tami - yours sounds like a different issue. Would you mind posting the file so we can test it? What version of SCAL are you running?

Anyone else is welcome to jump in as well. I may be gone for a little while...
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby havmercy » August 29th, 2012, 4:08 pm

I'm having an issue with my machine Pausing during a cut. When It does this, it doesn't comes out of Pause, I have to shut it off shut the program down(SCAL) or restart my computer. I have an ecraft cutting machine that has been installed could that be why the cutter and the computer are having communication issues?
havmercy

Cutter: SILVER BULLET 13"

Postby suemcnenly » February 1st, 2014, 2:07 pm

Help!!!! Same thing here. I am cutting a sheet that I have cut many times today and yesterday, and the last two times it has paused (a two different places) and won't start again. As I say, I have cut this before exactly as is....no issue with it being out of bounds, etc. I have to keep shutting off my machine and starting over. What can this be????
suemcnenly

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » February 1st, 2014, 2:52 pm

suemcnenlyHey Sue...are you using a PC or MAC??
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby suemcnenly » February 1st, 2014, 3:22 pm

Penny....I'm on a mac...but I figured it out pretty quick. Although my paper was only 12", I was forgetting that the blade thing only goes over so far on the left, and I didn't have my mat close enough to the right side. I was forgetting out of bounds meant in relation to the machine, not in relation to the mat:)
suemcnenly

Postby Elizabeth » February 1st, 2014, 4:26 pm

Glad you sorted it out, Sue!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby PennyDuncan » February 1st, 2014, 9:18 pm

Yes DEFINATELY so!!!! Sorry I didn't reply earlier...I took my youngest sons' girlfriend to the movie while he had to go to work...one of her we went to see Labor Day....it was ok...but not as good as we thought it would be...
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot