mat placement vs cutting on new SCAL

mat placement vs cutting on new SCAL

Postby janrichards » July 14th, 2012, 6:07 pm

I downloaded and installed the newest version of SCAL and am having trouble with the placement it shows on the mat not being the same when it cuts. I can adjust the side to side but would have to actually show it off the mat for it to cut correctly using WYSIWYG. Any ideas on how to correct this?
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Re: mat placement vs cutting on new SCAL

Postby rachellann » July 14th, 2012, 6:35 pm

when you set the mat size there is a light dashed lines if you go beyond that it does not cut that part in the image i highlighted the dashed line on the 8.5 by 11 mat notice that the mat is actually larger.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby janrichards » July 14th, 2012, 7:17 pm

I know that but what is happening is that if something is placed 1/2 in from the top it is actually cutting over the top line and the same is true on the bottom line.
Jan
janrichards

Postby rachellann » July 14th, 2012, 7:50 pm

where are you setting the blade tip and which method are you using the wysiwyg or the knife point when switching between the two notice how it changes in the diagram image on the screen in Scal.
using wysiwyg it is further away from the blade and origin places right at knife point. I might be missing what you are trying to say images show wysiwyg and origin point the green circle is what is to be cut.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby janrichards » July 14th, 2012, 8:02 pm

I just watched Tyler's video on "knifepoint" and I guess I will start using that. I never had the problem before though as I always set it at 10.5 across and at the very top. I am really not sure how to explain it to you but I guess setting it lower would solve the problem as well. I'll try both of them tomorrow, I am out of steam today. Thanks for the help Rachell, you are always so willing to go the extra mile with anyone who needs your help. I am glad you are on this forum! Have a good night.
Jan
janrichards

Postby Gigi » July 14th, 2012, 9:17 pm

Jan -

I haven't used SCAL yet, but I can say I think you will love knifepoint cutting once you get used to it. You will always know exactly where your image will cut and it is so much easier. Yes it's what I am used to, but I find it easier to grasp. I hope you feel the same.

And yes, Rachell is the best
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby janrichards » July 15th, 2012, 11:14 am

Well, I just set the software to "origin" and the blade at the edge of the material and it worked perfectly! I just didn't want to take the time to figure it out earlier and I use SCAL most of the time so it wasn't available until this new upgrade. Thanks to Tyler and Rachell it was easy as pie and I think I will like it! The new SCAL is great, a few new buttons that I haven't tried yet but this was my first program and I really prefer it over MTC. I think it is much more user friendly for us "non-hackers" in the Inkscape world. Thanks everyone, I may get this baby book done yet! The Shower is in one week.
Jan
janrichards

Postby Suzan » July 15th, 2012, 11:37 am

Now Jan don't you know well always are working until the last minute. I was cutting decorations for a baby shower up until the time we left. LOL
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot