PNC & SCAL - Problems

Re: PNC & SCAL - Problems

Postby cbauer50 » March 28th, 2012, 11:18 am

Thanks for trying to hel, Gigi, but I did already have those and that's what I was following. I read them again and went step by step.

I don't know how many times I had to cancel, shut off the cougar and start over because I didn't press the arrow keys fast enough! Very irritating.

Here are some of the things that are happening:

When I do #3 in Dawn's directions (Calibrate Laser) and it cuts the cross, I position my laser light on the cross, and click on "Finished, my blade holder moves so far off my mat that the pinch wheels are no longer on my mat. Okay, start over. Same thing.

So skip that. Maybe that is my problem but I don't know how to stop it from spitting out my mat. I am using a 12 x 16 mat (which is the smallest mat I have), and the mat size in my SCAL is 8.5 x 11 (same as my paper size)

I finally get it to find all my registration marks, but have to press the origin button on the screen and it moves to the next screen. I have to make sure I press one of the arrows on the screen almost immediately or nothing happens. If I don't press the origin button on the screen, and just press Next, nothing happens.

Okay - so finally get to the end and it cuts out my image (I used basically the same thing Dawn used in the directions).

My cut is about 1/4" diwb from where it should be and about 1/3" to the right.

So, okay, go to Dawn's directions on Fine Tuning the Calibration. Change the values (here I am not sure whether to add or subtract - so just guess and change the #'s) and click on save. Go out of the program, start again and double-check to make sure the new #'s are saved. Yup, they are there.

So do the PNC again. Cuts in the same place as before - nothing changed.

I can't believe I am having this much trouble.

I am going to wait for Tyler to make a video. (Please, Tyler!)

Carol

P.S. Gigi - I would be anxious for you to try doing a PNC (seeing you said you haven't done one yet) and see if you have any problems.
cbauer50

Postby Gigi » March 28th, 2012, 11:40 am

I am sorry - was hoping that would help.

I don't use SCAL and haven't had the time to learn it. I use either Inkscape or Corel Draw and Signcut and get great print and cuts. You said a while ago that you had success with MTC,, so maybe you should go back to that for now?? I know it may not be the solution you want (the other being Signcut as I swear by it) - but I dont know what else to day. There are many who have had great success with the SCAL print and cut so hopefully one of them can help.

Sorry....... hang in there. If I do find time to try it I will let you know!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby rachellann » March 28th, 2012, 11:54 am

Yes I see an issue when it come to PNC wil scal if you are not ready to immedaitly start to click on the arrows it can be a pain. I myself have had to restart the cut window.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Tyler » March 31st, 2012, 4:32 pm

I have been working on a something to help with Scal the last few days! I am hoping it will help! My goal is to get it up sometime next week.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby cbauer50 » March 31st, 2012, 5:11 pm

Thanks, Tyler! I am anxious to see what you are doing. I gave up.

Carol
cbauer50

Postby JiMari » April 1st, 2012, 3:33 pm

ooooooh a video would sooooo help. I have tried following the pdf and am still messing up.
Marianne
Yakima, WA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't stitch mistakes; I stitch creative enhancements.
JiMari

Cutter: 24 inch Cougar

Previous

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot