TRACING in SCAL3

TRACING in SCAL3

Postby PennyDuncan » March 20th, 2012, 9:47 pm

I am SO EXCITED even more so with Craftedge.........While doing the Print & Cut with SCAL3 over the weekend I realized the Tracing ability is not as wonderful as it is in MTC.....so I decided to send an email inquiring about it to see if there is an ability I'm not seeing.......just got a WONDERFUL response back and thought I would share with you all.........Brandon ROCKS!!!!

THIS FIRST PART IS MY EMAIL TO THEM....

On 3/18/12 9:55 AM, webmastercraftedge.com wrote:
Customer Name: Penny Duncan
Customer E-Mail: pennyduncancreationsgmail.com
Product: surecutsalot3
Platform: Windows 7

Hello...First I would like to say that I absolutely LOVE the Print& Cut features you\'ve done for the Black Cat line of cutters...I own a Lynx cutter and the settings were spot on on my first attempt!!! MUCH MUCH easier than MTC...hands down...

Now my question....I\'ve watched your tutorial on Tracing an Image.....wonderful video, btw....However I noticed you did not show about tracing a multi colored image........My desire is to be able to do all things within SCAL3...however I do not show the ability to get a good trace with an image that has multi colors within it...I\'m not able to get a good shadow layer trace so that when I bring in say a bouquet of flowers and want to cut it out as one piece.....I hope that makes sense.......In MTC (and I apologize for the continued referral back to MTC...however it\'s a great example as their tracing feature is awesome) I can decide whether I want to trace by a particular color or if I want to do a blackout trace.....Perhaps you do already have this ability and I\'m just not seeing it....in which I apologize...if you\'ll guide me to where I need to view it I would be most appreciative.....

I am totally impressed with all the improvements you\'ve made to SCAL.....Especially with it now working with the Black Cat family!!!

Thank you in advance to your attention to this email...I hope to hear back from you...Have a very blessed day...Penny Duncan

AND HERE IS THEIR RESPONSE TO ME!!!: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Penny
Currently there is only the option to trace as a monochrome (where things are traced based on a brightness level cutoff) or color (where it will put the different colors in different layers)

There is currently not an option to blackout or choose a particular color to trace in the trace settings, but is something we could add.

If there are ever any features you would like to see in our software, please feel free to let us know.

Sincerely
- The Craft Edge Team
http://www.craftedge.com
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Re: TRACING in SCAL3

Postby dlhill » March 21st, 2012, 5:32 am

Thanks for sharing the info Penny.
I have been very happy with craftedge customer support of late. They were great during the recent scal/lynx bugs. They quickly responded to my emails and and fixed the issue, at least for me. Some are still having communication issues, but so far mine appear fixed :)

I think I will email them and suggest weeding lines like signcut has, and unlimited cut length. I think those are the only 2 things on my wish list...for now anyway!!!!
Denise
paperpastime.com
scal 3 Lynx Inkscape
dlhill

Cutter: Blackcat lynx

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot