Help with SCAL

Help with SCAL

Postby cbauer50 » March 19th, 2012, 12:06 pm

I have been mostly using MTC, but have SCAL 3 also.

I just upgraded to the newest version (3.022) and was so happy to see I can use the software to adjust my speed & pressure.

I am still trying to learn SCAL (have only used it a few times).

In MTC, I can turn off parts of a design that I don't want to cut. How do I do this in SCAL? In MTC there is an "eye" and when you click that, it doesn't cut that part.

Why I want to do this? I am cutting out some stick figures. I have the stick figure, and 2 boxes around it. The first cut I turn off box 2 (by clicking on the eye so it won't cut box 2). I cut the vinyl stick figure and box 1 around it. I weed it, put on my transfer tape, increase my pressure and then turn off the stick figure and box 1, and then cut box 2 (which is slightly smaller than box 1). This gives me a nice straight box around my final vinyl decal. Hope that makes sense. (I use the laser light so when I put the mat back in, everything is lined up.)

So again, how can I turn off parts of a design in scal so it won't cut that part?

Thanks.

Carol
cbauer50

Re: Help with SCAL

Postby Suzan » March 19th, 2012, 12:24 pm

In the layers section you would turn it off the same way. Sorry I am not at home with my SCAL. I will double check tonite an re-spond better.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Mystic » March 19th, 2012, 12:26 pm

If you open the layers window there will be an eye beside each layer just as thee is in MTC
Mystic

Postby cbauer50 » March 19th, 2012, 12:32 pm

Ahh! Thanks!
cbauer50

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot