Importing problem?

Importing problem?

Postby Susan G. » March 9th, 2012, 3:45 pm

Hi,

I just purchased/received my Cougar a couple of weeks ago. This is all new to me so I have a lot of questions and would appreciate your help/suggestions.

I am trying to create a template for a tri-fold card that measures 5"x7" when folded. I designed the template in Inkscape to measure 10" (two 2 1/2" front panels and a 5" back panel) x 7" with two score lines that I think I snapped to the grid to make sure they would be precise. When I imported it into SCAL, most everything went awry:

--the axis points shifted
--the 7" dimension decreased to 5 1/2" even though I had used "keep proportion" in Inkscape and the Position Size dialogue in SCAL stated 7" x 10". Also, a dotted gray line -- outlining the 7" dimension that I wanted -- appeared. However, the Cougar drew out a 5 1/2" x 10" template. (I haven't graduated to blades yet!)
--the dashed lines I created for the score lines in Inkscape, were replaced with solid lines and I can't figure out how to change them back.

Believe it or not, this is the abbreviated version of my experiences for the past two days. Please HELP.
Susan G.

Cutter: 24" Black Cat Cougar

Re: Importing problem?

Postby kim » March 9th, 2012, 4:14 pm

OOOOOhhhh, so sorry you are having a difficult time. I am not familiar with SCAL but someone will be along shortly that can probably help you.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Mystic » March 9th, 2012, 4:57 pm

I don't know the answers to your other questions, but there is an option in scal preferences to set the dpi to 90 - which is what it should be for svg imports . Its under general preferences
I think for the dashed lines you will either need to convert them to path in Inkscape or make them dashed in Scal under Line style
Mystic

Postby Susan G. » March 10th, 2012, 2:15 pm

Kim -- thank you for taking the time to respond and assure me that someone would be along shortly as Mystic did!

Mystic -- your advice worked in both cases! I had to laugh when I noticed that we both signed up on the forum on the same day but you were already answering questions! You must have had experience on some other programs -- me, I am a complete novice. Thanks for your help. I hope I can return the favor some day.
Susan G.

Cutter: 24" Black Cat Cougar

Postby Mystic » March 10th, 2012, 5:54 pm

Glad I could help you Susan.
Yes, I have had other cutters before, and I like to play with software
Mystic

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot