Scal and the Cats

Scal and the Cats

Postby Thyme » January 12th, 2012, 2:55 am

Some users are experiencing serious problems with the Cats and the latest versions of Scal. If you are one of these please bear with us, I am working with Brandon to resolve the issues
Thyme

Re: Scal and the Cats

Postby rachellann » January 12th, 2012, 6:52 am

Thanks Dawn
I am one of those did the latest version then had to go back to 3.012 and it does not see the Cougar at all. just the us cutter machine.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Thyme » January 12th, 2012, 8:22 am

Ah, the version I am running that is working as it should is 3.003.
As soon as I know more I will post here
Thyme

Postby LisaH » January 12th, 2012, 8:32 am

Thanks Dawn! I hate having the program and not being able to use it if I choose to...you are a gem. ;)
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby janrichards » January 12th, 2012, 9:02 am

I had to go back to another version also but it still isn't working perfectly. I hope you find an answer because it has been driving me crazy! I would have Merry Christmas on the mat and it would cut Christmas and not Merry. I will be anxiously awaiting news about this!
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Postby Thyme » January 12th, 2012, 9:58 am

Which versions are you lot using, I have a windows version 3.003 that seems to be doing ok - I can always email you a link to try that
Thyme

Postby rachellann » January 12th, 2012, 10:24 am

Dawn uninstalled 3.018 and then uninstalled 3.012 and installed 3.00 aand it will not see the Cougars still. and sign cut and MTC both still work with the Cougar. it is as if The program earased the Cougar from it's memory. windows 7 64bit
rachellann

Postby sandyh124 » January 12th, 2012, 10:44 am

I am running 3.018 and it is working fine right now. I have an issue with it not cutting anything that has too many nodes, but it does work with my Cougar and cuts what I am working with now just fine. I agree that there are some things in the program that definitely need worked on though. I purchased Make the Cut to start learning the program so that if I can't get one program to work the other will! Either that or it's going to be "user error"! :shock:
Sandy

Let yourself day dream, agree with your imagination, laugh at the rules and color outside the lines....
sandyh124

Postby LisaH » January 12th, 2012, 10:56 am

Hi Dawn, I have 3.007 and am using a Dell laptop with Vista. This one will sporadically work...sometimes it will do an auto shut down, sometimes it will cut great on the first cut and then shut down on the 2nd. And then at times I can cut several times with no problem. The others I have tried are worse than this one for me...
LisaH

Postby rachellann » January 12th, 2012, 11:55 am

Dawn just went to their main page and downloaded the 3.019 since nothing else worked and completely un hooked the other cutter i have even tho it was not even on it would not detect the cougar until i unhooked it then it found the Cougar the other machines baud rate is 9600. so i did a test and plugged in the other cutter sure enough it woul not find the Cougar again but as soon as it was unplugged from the computer scal found the cougar again. odd because I used to have them both hooked up and never had an issue.so if you ladies have more than one cutter hooked to your computers unhook them and try scal with the cougar. for now until they can get it figured out I'll just have to remember to unhook the other cutter when needing to use scal with the Cougar.
rachellann

Postby Thyme » January 12th, 2012, 12:21 pm

Rachell, not sure what to suggest for you...
For any of you others, if you want to try the windows 3.003 here it is - http://thymegraphics.dyndns.org/Software/SetupSureCutsALot_3_003.exe.zip
Thyme

Postby rachellann » January 12th, 2012, 12:37 pm

Thyme wrote:Rachell, not sure what to suggest for you...
For any of you others, if you want to try the windows 3.003 here it is - http://thymegraphics.dyndns.org/Software/SetupSureCutsALot_3_003.exe.zip

That's ok Dawn I can use the program just have to remember to unplug the other cutter . I have made asticky note on the computer so I can remember to do this.
rachellann

Postby Thyme » January 12th, 2012, 3:30 pm

okie dokie
Thyme

Postby Thyme » January 17th, 2012, 3:44 am

I have new builds you you to try out

(WIN)
http://www.craftedge.com/bin/SetupSureC ... _3_020.exe

(MAC)
http://www.craftedge.com/bin/SureCutsALot_3_020.zip

Please let me know how these work on your computers and Cats
Thyme

Postby Deb Za » January 17th, 2012, 10:38 am

Will try the 3.020 after today--I have lots of shirt transfers to cut this afternoon and I want to get them done before I start changing things. Fingers crossed!
Deb
BC Lynx, SCAL, rank amateur at Inkscape
Deb Za

Cutter: Lynx

Postby LisaH » January 17th, 2012, 11:10 am

will install and try out later today, thanks Dawn
LisaH

Postby rachellann » January 17th, 2012, 11:22 am

works but still only one machine can be plugged into the computer inorder for it to find the machine. Dawn we had both the serial and the usb plugged in when we had issues before and it will only see the usb and cut to that, If I unhook the usb then it will take refreshing a couple times then it will see the serial and can cut to the cougar but still can not have more than one port or machine hooked up to the computer and use properly. I think I am going to completely uninstall and contact craftedge to get a new code to enter and see if that helps. but for those who have only one machine it should work fine.
rachellann

Postby LisaH » January 17th, 2012, 11:24 am

Rach, what if I have a hub and my cat AND printer are plugged in...you think that could be causing problems...?
LisaH

Postby rachellann » January 17th, 2012, 11:51 am

no hubs here all are builtin ports when I got the computer several months agao paid for extra internal usb I have 20 on the back so I would not need hub and haven't had any issues with it til the updates of recent then have had only with scal with MTC I can have both plugged in no issues at all and signcut will even find the cougar with uscutters machine plugged in so far only scal is having issues with more than one machine hooked up.
rachellann

Postby LisaH » January 17th, 2012, 12:24 pm

i tried to install the new version Dawn gave us and it keeps telling me I have to activate it, when I put my reg # in it says it isn't correct and won't let me use it...so I guess I will just have to stay with 3.007 for now...
LisaH

Next

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot