SKIPPING OVER SOME OBJECTS

SKIPPING OVER SOME OBJECTS

Postby janrichards » November 6th, 2011, 10:55 am

I am kicking myself for downloading the newest edition of SCAL. I am having trouble with the selection tool. When I try to draw a box around a group of objects it appears to do that but when I try to move them one or more don't move. It also does not make the box sometimes. Now when I try to cut multiple objects on a page it cuts a few and then skips over some of them. It also does not want to cut all the way through. Now that I think about it could it be some kind of communication error between the computer and the machine? At least in terms of the cutting. At this rate I may never get my Christmas cards done. Any ideas?
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Re: SKIPPING OVER SOME OBJECTS

Postby sandyh124 » November 6th, 2011, 9:10 pm

I have the new version of SCAl. The only problem I have had is that I can't seem to add in a new svg file on a new page without putting in a basic shape first. I just delete it once I have the svg added on the page. Is it possible that you have the layer locked? The program won't let you move or select something that is locked, or in a layer underneath (or behind) the top layer. (you can tell if it is locked by looking at the layer's window - there will be a picture of a lock beside the eye symbol. Click on the lock to un-lock) You can select the other layers by clicking on what layer you want in the layers window, even if it is behind something - unless that layer is locked. Everytime you add in a new shape or svg it puts it on a new layer.
Hope this helps, I don't have any other ideas. Took me a bit to figure it out at first.
Sandy

Let yourself day dream, agree with your imagination, laugh at the rules and color outside the lines....
sandyh124

SCAL 3 Update

Postby sandyh124 » November 10th, 2011, 12:03 pm

There is a new update to the SCAL 3 program,version 3.012, and it seems to have fixed the problems I mentioned in my earlier post. Have you had any luck working with the program?
Sandy

Let yourself day dream, agree with your imagination, laugh at the rules and color outside the lines....
sandyh124

Postby janrichards » November 10th, 2011, 8:39 pm

The skipping over objects I am attributing to updates from Windows that interfere with communications between the computer and the machine. I ordered a serial to usb cable as suggested on this forum and am hoping that helps. As for SCAL, even with the update when I try to draw a box around 4 objects it appears to do just that but when I try to move them as a group it will only move one or two of them. Sometimes it will look like it is going to draw the box but it doesn't and no matter what I do it just won't do it. I have never had this problem with it before but I am working on my Christmas cards and it is very frustrating to say the least. I always figure out a way to work around it but it is very tiresome to say the least. I have emailed them but haven't heard back yet so we will see what happens.
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Postby sandyh124 » November 10th, 2011, 11:34 pm

It IS very difficult to have to "work around" problems when you are trying to do something, I know how that feels! I had a USB cable on hand when my Cougar came in, so I started off with one, hubby always has extra cables about. And I haven't had many problems with SCAL 3- although I noticed today that the "simplify" doesn't work like it did with SCAL 2. Glad you wrote them about the problem, they were always attentive before the lawsuit, I can't imagine them stopping now. Did you write in on the Craft Edge forum?

Anyway, good luck with your cards - I am starting mine now, late as usual! LOL
Sandy

sandyh124

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot