Scal problems

Re: Scal problems

Postby Thyme » May 21st, 2011, 1:47 pm

Its all very odd and baffling!
Thyme

Postby rachellann » May 21st, 2011, 2:04 pm

Thyme wrote:Its all very odd and baffling!

I know getting ready to compare both computers to see what there is that is different
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Thyme » May 21st, 2011, 2:06 pm

ok, let me know if you find anything
Thyme

Postby karenl3912 » May 21st, 2011, 2:40 pm

Rach, At least it is speaking to you but not cutting. I am watching this thread before I buy Scal3. I understand it will only work on 2 computers but when you go to buy it asks Mac or Windows. I want it on one of each. Do I have to buy it twice?
I know I am supposed to be answering questions but I haven't met Scal yet.
Karen.
karenl3912

Postby Phyllis » May 21st, 2011, 2:50 pm

It works on my Vista laptop also, trial version. I'm scared to death when I go back and try my Mac version that it will suddenly die and it's just temporarily working. Sure hope Brandon can find the problem and get everyone up and running.
Phyllis

Postby rachellann » May 21st, 2011, 2:53 pm

karenl3912 wrote:Rach, At least it is speaking to you but not cutting. I am watching this thread before I buy Scal3. I understand it will only work on 2 computers but when you go to buy it asks Mac or Windows. I want it on one of each. Do I have to buy it twice?

it would be nice if we could buy it and have both mac and windows versions in the same package and then caould choose which we wanted to use, But like i mentioned with vista laptop it does cut without an issue have not found the differences yet
rachellann

Postby MeFlick » May 22nd, 2011, 9:37 am

karenl3912 wrote:Rach, At least it is speaking to you but not cutting. I am watching this thread before I buy Scal3. I understand it will only work on 2 computers but when you go to buy it asks Mac or Windows. I want it on one of each. Do I have to buy it twice?

Karen - it is my understanding that if we want it on 1 pc and 1 mac, we have to buy 2 separate licenses. One PC version and 1 Mac version. :( I am in the same boat as you, except I already have the PC version. Have had it since SCAL was first released to work with Cricuts several years ago. However, once MTC came out I never really kept up with my SCAL software other then to occasionally do upgrades as they were released to keep it up to date. I found MTC more user friendly, more features, etc. SCAL has been doing a better job trying to "keep up" with MTC features and I do think they have some things MTC doesn't have yet. Just have to go back and "relearn" it I guess!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby MeFlick » May 22nd, 2011, 9:52 am

Thyme wrote:Melanie can you install both the windows driver as above and also the Mac driver
Mac driver attached here -
FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_14.dmg.zip

Dawn - I will try again with the windows driver provided up on the PC. I tried the Mac driver last night and it did not work on the Mac. Still getting - can't find the cougar message.

Rachel - you probably already know this but it is my understanding that in Windows 7, it is sometimes blocking drivers from being downloaded and/or installed but the user can't tell this. I think there was a "fix" but not sure what it was as I don't have Windows 7 yet on any machine. This might be the problem on your Windows 7 machine. My PC is still running Vista. This is first time I've had a problem with it and the problem still seems to be SCAL issue on mine.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby Phyllis » May 22nd, 2011, 11:04 am

Mine on Mac is still working since Signcut driver but I hold my breath every time I use it not knowing what really fixed it or if it's permanently fixed. I'll keep watching this thread to check on progress if any. Sure hope it's soon.
Phyllis

Postby MeFlick » May 25th, 2011, 7:54 pm

I just wanted to provide an update on My SCAL3 saga! I finally heard back from SCAL support today with a new build for me to try on my PC. I was able to find some time earlier today and got it loaded and gave it a try and YES success! I was able to cut from SCAL3 on my PC to my Cougar. Haven't had a lot of time to mess with it but it did work the few times I tried. The one thing though was that I had to align the "Blade holder" to the start x/y 0 axis point in the bottom right corner of my mat (when looking straight on at my machine) rather than using the laser light to do so which is what I am used to when cutting with MTC.

They sent me a new MAC build this evening and if I would get off this forum and go try it I might have something to report on that as well! LOL Its getting late and I'm tired so it may wait for tomorrow though! LOL
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby Phyllis » May 25th, 2011, 9:55 pm

MeFlick, so glad it's working now. Mine is still working but still can't figure out why the Signcut driver made it work. I hope it continues.
Phyllis

Postby Thyme » May 26th, 2011, 3:07 am

That is great news Mel, let me know how the Mac build goes
Thyme

Postby rachellann » May 26th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Dawn your other post with the download fixed my problem. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=237
rachellann

Postby Thyme » May 26th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Excellent!!
Thyme

Postby MeFlick » May 26th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Finally got a chance to try the Mac Build as well and also had success with it. Thank you Craft Edge. Will have to get the MAC licensed version sooner then later now as I usually take my Mac if I travel - that's why I always wanted Andy to make a Mac version of MTC but don't think he sees that need! Too bad - lots of Mac users out there probably more than he realizes. I wasn't willing to go and try to figure all that "Wine" stuff out! LOL

I think I saw where Dawn had posted both of the new builds for download in another thread so be sure to check for those if you are having problems with SCAL3 and your Cougar or Lynx machines.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby LisaH » July 8th, 2011, 7:57 am

OK...I downloaded the SCAL3 and could never cut to my Lynx. Then I downloaded the new update 3.007 the other day and YAY it cut....1 TIME!! Now all it does is close itself and say that it has encountered a problem and needs to shut down...help...I have tried telling it to cut to Cougar as well as Lynx...
Using Vista....
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Phyllis » July 8th, 2011, 11:59 am

Lisa, I wish I knew the answer; I was hoping the latest upgrade would fix all those problems. I'm using Mac, which had problems in the beginning but started working after downloading the Signcut driver, go figure. I upgraded to the 3.007 and was holding my breath that it was still working, which it is. I have no idea why mine started working.
Phyllis

Postby Suzan » July 8th, 2011, 12:22 pm

Lisa, when you install it, can you right click on the install button and run as administrator. That may help.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Tyler » July 8th, 2011, 2:02 pm

I haven't cut yet with scal -- I will need to soon. But you can always try and reinstall the program.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby LisaH » July 8th, 2011, 4:17 pm

Suzan: I did the administrator thing, it cut, I went out of the program and turned the lynx off then back on, opened SCAL3 and NO GO!! Does the same thing as before.
Tyler - I have...3 times.....

you guys got anything else to try?
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

PreviousNext

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot