SCAL software problem???

SCAL software problem???

Postby tamihowse » March 24th, 2014, 6:48 pm

Hey, Peeps. I've been cutting stencils for my Etsy shop since August. I've not had a problem at all with SCAL3, but today I did. I haven't changed ANYTHING (except that I thought I needed a new blade, so I put a new one in). The program runs the machine, but it looks like it's not cutting deep enough. It goes through the two passes, but not deep enough. I thought it might be the SCAL3 software, so I turned it off and set the machine to the same settings, which worked. However, I'd like to be able to set the software settings and use them. What am I doing wrong? Or, what's going wrong? I'm puzzled.
Yes, I have a sticky mat, etc, etc. Ha.
Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Re: SCAL software problem???

Postby LisaH » March 24th, 2014, 8:05 pm

Tami, you are saying that using the exact same settings that's on the software, when set on the machine cut correctly, but when using them with the software in control it doesn't work as well. And this is all without changing anything else (blade/holder/depth/height/ect)?

Have you rebooted your PC? Are you using the most current version of SCAL?
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby tamihowse » March 25th, 2014, 7:58 am

Yes, it works with the machine settings but not SCAL software settings.
And yes, I rebooted my computer.
And, I'm not sure if I have the latest version of SCAL3. The last I read, there were bugs that they were working out?
Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Postby LisaH » March 25th, 2014, 12:16 pm

I would download the latest version and give that a try. When you download, do not install from that pop-up window. If you will save that in a folder (probably the same place you have the install from the version you are working from now) and load from there, you will not lose the older version .exe file, so if it doesn't work correctly for you, you can always revert back to the one you are using now.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby tamihowse » April 1st, 2014, 9:32 am

OK, I have an e-mail in to Sherry but in the meantime...
It's not a software problem. It's doing it when I use the machine settings as well. I've tried increasing the force and letting my blade out more, but it doesn't go all the way through. It's definitely not user error because I've been cutting these stencils for about 6 months and I haven't changed a thing.
It will make an impression, and will go through 2 passes (as I have it set), but it doesn't cut through. The mat is sticky, etc.
Nervous, because I have two big orders on the table.
Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Postby tamihowse » April 1st, 2014, 9:33 am

And yes, I already tried a factory reset. :) Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Postby MeFlick » April 2nd, 2014, 9:20 am

Tami - in your first post, you indicated that you had put a new blade in just before you started having this problem with it not cutting through correctly. Did you keep that blade in or have you changed the blade anymore? Have you checked the blade closely under a magnifier to see if perhaps there is a problem with the blade its self? Tips can be broken or can be a defective blade (even a batch of blades) from the get go. Also, you say the mat is sticky but is the mat curling, warped at all, or buckling? If it is an older mat - you might start to see some of those (warping, curling, buckling - just even a little bit) and that can effect the cutting as well. Just trying to give you some other things to look at if you haven't already. Hope you get it resolved soon.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot