Borderless Printing

Borderless Printing

Postby intricutz » February 3rd, 2014, 10:01 am

I had looked for posts on here about borderless printing but couldn't find any. I am now successfully doing borderless printing with my SB and I wanted to share this in case any one else is looking for answers. Enlarge your design over the borders of your cut line and print your design. Mark out the registration marks. Next make the design invisible and the cut line with no stroke and print only the registration marks. You will have two sets of registration marks; line up your cutter with the second (non-marked through) set of marks and cut. It works!
intricutz

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24

Re: Borderless Printing

Postby Elizabeth » February 3rd, 2014, 7:02 pm

That's a cool technique. Thanks for sharing it with us! I get really accurate print and cut results, so haven't need to explore this, but it seems like it would work really well for images with a white border that needs to be removed.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby intricutz » February 15th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Instead of crossing out your first registration marks simply extend your registration mark offset way out and the marks won't print with the design. Return to your normal registration offset to print marks using your no stroke cut out as a guide.
intricutz

Postby Elizabeth » February 15th, 2014, 5:25 pm

How do you move the reg marks? Are you using SCAL? I haven't needed to do this, but would like to know just in case.

Thanks,

Elizabeth
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby intricutz » February 15th, 2014, 6:59 pm

I am using SCAL. It is in the settings in the first window that pops up after you choose cut.
Martha
intricutz

Postby Elizabeth » February 17th, 2014, 7:12 am

Found it, thanks! I hope I can find time to experiment with these settings soon.

Elizabeth

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot