Layers Frustration/Problems... :(

Layers Frustration/Problems... :(

Postby TerranScapes » January 31st, 2014, 8:32 am

Something seems wrong with working with layers, and assuming it's user error, I'm hoping for a few quick tips. :)

1. I have three layers, each with a shape. To help with keeping it straight, I'll call them layers a-c and objects a-c. Without selecting any layers, I can select object a, but not the other two. If I select the layer b (in layers menu), I can then select object b, as well as object a, but not object c. And... When in layer b, if I select object a, all layers are deselected and I can only select object a again. What is going on??

2. I thought I could fix it by flattening all the layers, but I can't find a way to do this. Is it possible?

3. Because I can't select object b and c at the same time, I can't create a union between them. *sigh*

I've posted this question on the SCAL forum, but I love this forum much more. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
TerranScapes

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet

Re: Layers Frustration/Problems... :(

Postby TerranScapes » January 31st, 2014, 8:45 am

Well, I figured it out. :) Seems I needed to close the paths on object b and c before I could select them both. Then I was able to create a union between the two. I figured it was user error. :)

But, is there a resource that would have explained this? I'm one who is happy to dig around for answers and after some searching, I couldn't find a description of my problem. If there are answers out there, I'm happy to watch/read. :)
TerranScapes

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet

Re: Layers Frustration/Problems... :(

Postby Elizabeth » January 31st, 2014, 10:23 am

I'm not sure how detailed they are, but the SCAL website has some video tutorials available. I found them helpful when I started with SCAL, but I need to take another look now that I will be making SCAL my main cutting program.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot