Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Illustrator

Postby Webheadfred » November 11th, 2018, 4:36 pm

Greetings Folks...

I'm considering a Silver Bullet Pro 18" for my wife. She has never used anything like this at all and is pretty software and design challenged. She'd like to be able to create stencils for her pottery and other crafts. This is where I come in. I am proficient in Adobe Illustrator. I have designed simple and semi-complex things. Can I "Print" directly to the Silver Bullet or do I have to import to SCAL (I'm assuming Pro). From Illustrator, do I have to have everything on one layer? I guess basically I'm asking for the requirements so I can make her experience easier. Thanks all.

Cheers,

Fred
Webheadfred

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Re: Adobe Illustrator

Postby Gigi » November 11th, 2018, 6:22 pm

You can find a lot of information on this on the SCAL forum or on this forum (you can search for topics on Illustrator - there are a lot of them!) but we have a lot of people designing in Illustrator and cutting on the Silver Bullet. There is a plug in download that enables you to send directly from Illustrator to the Silver Bullet so you dont have to save as an svg and then import - but that is also an option. You will have to see which gives you the best results. There are also free plug in downloads for Inkscape and Corel Draw just to give you options should you need them. It is also very easy to design in SCAL and that is yet another option. The machine itself has a steep learning curve, but once you (your wife) takes the time to go through the learning center and understand the basics she will be fine. We encourage everyone to take their time going through the center and understanding each thing to ensure successful cutting down the road. Once you understand how the machine works, the rest is easy. And there are a lot of knowledgeable users here on the forum who are always ready to help when needed. And we have a LOT of users successfully creating stencils and selling them online - the sky is the limit!

Hope that helps a little. You will find a lot more on the subject through out the forum.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Graphics Programs (Inkscape, Illustrator, etc.)