Issues using the eggbot extension in Inkscape

Issues using the eggbot extension in Inkscape

Postby BackroadDrawl01 » March 14th, 2016, 10:30 pm

Howdy everyone!

I just purchased a 13" SB and am absolutely astonished at the speed and precision of it! The few sample/fun cuts I first made blew me away. I am definitely looking forward to putting this machine to use. But on to the problem...

I'm mainly using the SB to engrave. I discovered quickly that the BS only engraved the outer edges of the numbers/letters that I put into SCAL. After searching, I found out I needed Inkscape with the Eggbot extension to "fill in" with the hatchfill extension. I have successfully hatchfilled a square, but am unable to make it hatchfill numbers and letters. The software freezes on me every single time. Has anyone else had this issue? I tried downgrading to inkscape 0.48 and eggbot 2.2.3 with the same results. Am I just using it wrong or is there an underlying issue that I am unaware of?

Windows 10 64-bit
8GB ram
Inkscape 0.91
Eggbot extension 2.5.0

Any and all help is greatly appreciated
BackroadDrawl01

Cutter: 13" Silver Bullet Professional

Re: Issues using the eggbot extension in Inkscape

Postby Gigi » March 14th, 2016, 10:51 pm

You don't have to use Inkscape and Eggbot anymore. Brandon added hatchfill to SCAL 4 and it does a wonderful job. I have successfully added it to letters (I have an engraved mirrored quote that I filled using SCAL and it did a wonderful job. I thought I had uploaded the photos of the engraving to my photo album in this gallery - but I just did it. Hopefully you can get an idea. The capital letters are just outlined but the rest of the writing is filled.

You should have a really easy time doing it in SCAL as you can create the fill easily. Hope this helps.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby BackroadDrawl01 » March 14th, 2016, 11:20 pm

Gigi,

Thank you SO much for your reply. I found the resolution to my issue right before you replied, but now that means I have two ways to hatchfill my images! Again, thank you!
BackroadDrawl01

Cutter: 13" Silver Bullet Professional

Postby Gigi » March 14th, 2016, 11:23 pm

Oh good. And you are very welcome. Have fun experimenting and finding what works best for you!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Graphics Programs (Inkscape, Illustrator, etc.)