Using Bezier tool in Inkscape

Using Bezier tool in Inkscape

Postby janrichards » February 18th, 2014, 7:16 pm

I have been trying to follow and online tutorial to put text in perspective in Inkscape and no matter what I do, click, hold control, I can't get it to just go from point a to point b. It either goes in both directions or starts curving. I think I have watched that video 20 times looking for some small step that I skipped to no avail. What is the secret to using the bezier tool?
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Re: Using Bezier tool in Inkscape

Postby PennyDuncan » February 20th, 2014, 7:31 am

janrichardsJan I'm not sure what you're doing....but when you use the bezier tool you just left click once release to make your beginning point...then at each point you want an "angle" left click again...and continue all around what you're wanting.......when the node meets up to the start point it will automatically close for you....It "sounds" like you "might" be right clicking and holding it down.......that will give you what you're seeing.....hope that makes sense.....
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby janrichards » February 20th, 2014, 9:33 am

Thanks Penny, for some reason that hit me just before I went to work yesterday. I wasn't letting go of the mouse button and just clicking from corner to corner! I was able to do the perspective and using your directions I was able to fill a font for engraving! Thanks for all of your help, by the time I am 90 I may have some of this figured out!
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Postby PennyDuncan » February 20th, 2014, 11:22 am

ROFL!!! janrichards Oh girl....I know I can relate as can all of us at one time or another!!! I'm glad it helped you sweetie!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » February 20th, 2014, 11:55 am

I am so glad you answered it, Penny, as I could not remember how to use that tool no matter how hard I tried. :banghead: :banghead:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Graphics Programs (Inkscape, Illustrator, etc.)