Anyone Familiar with Craft Artist 2 Pro?

Anyone Familiar with Craft Artist 2 Pro?

Postby Sassycutter » June 11th, 2013, 8:33 am

I just discovered this software and it looks like it could compliment MTC and SCAL, or is it just a redundant use of what we already have? If anyone uses this or knows more about it, I would appreciate some input. I am considering purchasing this, but knew our members would have some valuable input before I decide. Thanks in advance for your thoughts...good or bad...!!! Image
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Re: Anyone Familiar with Craft Artist 2 Pro?

Postby gingers » June 11th, 2013, 9:06 am

Hi Sassycutter! I don't have this but wanted to let you know that you can get a free trial version to see what it is like. There is also a program called my memories suite that has gotten as good or better reviews. There is also a free trial version of it. I downloaded them both last night to see how they work. I think if you have photo shop or similar software you wouldn't need these, but I am not sure.
gingers

Cutter: cougar 18"

Postby Gigi » June 11th, 2013, 9:07 am

I have never heard of it so I am no help whatsoever!! How did you find it?? (inquiring minds want to know!!!)

Just scanned it quickly - the one major difference is that it would not support cutting so it would not take the place of SCAL or MTC, but it looks like maybe a scaled down version of Illustrator or Corel Draw with the added digi scrapbooking. It looks like fun, but then I am a software junkie!! LOL
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » June 11th, 2013, 10:24 am

I have Craft Artist Pro2 and it is basically a designing software for digital use. You can use their kits, and bring in different png files, backgrounds, materail and even use text. You can also import graphics into the program so you don't need to use just their kits. It has some cool features, but not sure I use them that much.
You can take the graphics from their kits, and export them if you want to use for PnC with SCAL or MTC but the program doesn't work directly with SCAL or MTC.
I don't use it a lot, I forget I have it, but I do like to use it for designing cards before I actually make them to see how it would look and get an idea of how I want to do something.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » June 11th, 2013, 10:35 am

Diane -

I was just looking at the 3D decoupage digi effect . Can you export that as an svg? That would be fun!!

Yes I did download the free version but not playing with it - yet! LOLOL I have sooo many photo/greeting card programs..... Need to use what I have! LOL

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Sassycutter » June 11th, 2013, 10:49 am

Gigi
I was reading another forum and someone mentioned it so I checked into it. It claims you can use with a cutter, but I'm not finding much info. I downloaded the lite version, but of course it won't allow you to use all of the features until you upgrade. I'm thinking it just saves as an svg so your cutter program will actually command the cutting. I am now finding I am a software junkie along with paper, scissors, yarn, punches, glues, embossing folders, rhinestones, foil.......... :ROFLMBO:
Sassycutter

Postby Gigi » June 11th, 2013, 10:59 am

I just downloaded the lite version as well - afraid to install it as I will then be playing with it instead of doing what I need to do! LOLOL

I am right with you on your "list" of addictions...... I mean interests! LOL

Thanks for sharing your find - will be fun to discover!! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » June 11th, 2013, 2:33 pm

Gigi, I don't know the answer to your question.. but I will try to remember to check it out when I get home from work and report back.
I do know you can't save as an SVG you have to export, and the last time I tried to save some of the images to use in different programs, it took my computer quite a while to do it... and I don't think it has cut lines, so you would still need to do a trace to get the cut lines for doing a PnC.

Like I said earlier, I like to use it to see how something will look before I do all the work of trying to figure out sizes, or tracing an image to do PnC only to find out it was just a tad bit too large. I have the hardest time "seeing" what something is going to look like unless I actually make it. And this program will let me try different papers, images etc and play around with size, color and placement before I commit to printing or cutting anything out.
I don't care for creating a card and then just printing it out from this program, they still look to flat to me, but you can always add embellishments, and it is great if you are in a hurry and don't have time to put together a card. But it does take time to decide on the papers and what not you want to use, so it isn't always faster...LOL
Angel135612

Postby Angel135612 » June 11th, 2013, 8:16 pm

I played around with CAP2 (Craft Artist Pro 2) for a little bit, and it looks like you can print out the different layers of what ever you create the 3D Decoupage on and actually cut them out to layer them yourself, not just a flat print out with shadows to make it look like it is stacked. You can create up to 9 layers and even rotate them if you want. I didn't try printing anything, but there is a button you can click on that will lay them out on your page to print.

I also played around with taking one of their elements and exporting it as a PNG, then trying to trace it in SCAL. I had to play around with different settings and such, and tried tracing in SCAL, Inkscape and Corel Draw. I got different results depending on which program I used. I'm not very good at tracing in SCAL, but I did manage to get an image that I saved as an SVG into SCAL and create a cut line for it, and was able to scale them both that way to make it any size I want. (Don't ask me how I did it because I don't remember after trying different things in the different programs).

There are a bunch of videos on YouTube about how to do things in CAP, and it may be worth watching some of those to see what can be done, before you purchase the program. I'm not sorry I bought it (I bought it on sale when it was first released) but I don't use it that much. I think it is one of those things that I need to take some time to learn to get the most out of it, and I haven't made that a priority.

There is a lot about this program that I don't know, and haven't taken the time to learn, since there are other things I want to learn first. But I'm not sure this is something to use with our cutters per se, but it is something that may be useful in paper crafting in general.
Angel135612

Postby Sassycutter » June 11th, 2013, 10:37 pm

Angel135612
Thank you for the review of CA2P. From what I've read so far, I don't think I will purchase it, but I plan to look at some videos also. I need to learn all the software I have now before I purchase another one!!!! :hide:
Sassycutter

Postby Angel135612 » July 3rd, 2013, 11:07 am

If any one is contemplating getting Craft Artist, they do have a free version available for download. It is called Craft Artist Compact. I'm sure it doesn't have all the features available of the full program, but it should give you a good idea of what the program can do.
http://www.daisytrail.com/free_stuff.html
Angel135612

Postby terri » October 28th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Hi Everyone!!
If any of you are still interested in Craft Artist, I have some info and videos for you!
I've been using this program for several years, and it is AWESOME!! Not just for digi scrapping, but also for hybrid AND traditional paper scrapping and diecutting. One of the things I love, is the ability to export svg files for diecutting AND print&cuts!! I actually did 2 videos to show you more details about the svg ability...
#1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfbdnbHmJOI
#2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR5_2b0U9ZE
they're a little long, but cover some really good info...
I hope you enjoy!!
Terri
terri

Cutter: ****

Postby Gigi » October 29th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Thanks Terri for the info!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » October 29th, 2013, 2:30 pm

Thanks, Terri. Will have to check it out someday when things calm down a bit. (after the holidays.)
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby Suzan » October 30th, 2013, 9:41 am

Elizabeth do things ever calm down. LOL
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Elizabeth » October 30th, 2013, 10:19 am

No, but a girl can hope! LOL!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby PennyDuncan » October 30th, 2013, 12:37 pm

Thanks Terri....I've been having a BLAST doing the same thing with Corel PSP X5......I've always been a avid lover and user of Corel PSP....and even more so no...cause I can now bring my SVG's into it now....do my pattern fills there...add any additional affects I want then save the file...place it in SCAL3 and then import in my SVG file for the cut line and it's perfect!!!! So now I'm starting to save all my digi images with a cut layer so they'll all be done!!!!! It will take me FOREVER to do this as I've hundreds of thousands of images....but right now I'm having a blast doing it!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » October 30th, 2013, 3:52 pm

Wow - good for you Penny.

I am making cut files as I need them for my digi images, but how great that you are getting on top of it - GREAT idea!

So are you doing all of the coloring in PSP too so it's ready to print and go? I love the hand coloring but there are times when there just isn't enough time and I want something pre-colored!

I think I have hundreds too - or at least it seems like it. One of these days.......... :shock:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby PennyDuncan » October 31st, 2013, 6:35 am

Not doing the coloring yet Gigi....but I very well may on some projects......Corel PSP is such an awesome program that I just enjoy using it....
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » October 31st, 2013, 8:53 am

I too love that program. I used to use it all of the time to make my signatures etc But havent used it in a while. I should get back to it! So many programs.....so little time.

Think I want to spend more time in Funtime first! I just need to commit to spending "x amount of time" on just that every day!

Gigi
Gigi

Next

Return to Graphics Programs (Inkscape, Illustrator, etc.)