Newbie!!!!!!

Newbie!!!!!!

Postby Everett » February 2nd, 2012, 4:34 pm

I'm tryin to decide what software to have W/my BC. Being so new should I have MTC, Sign Cut, Sure Cuts a lot, or Inkscape.
Remember I'm all new at this!!! Need all the help I can get!!!
Everett

Re: Newbie!!!!!!

Postby Suzan » February 2nd, 2012, 4:54 pm

Hi I posted a reply in the welcome section on your other post.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby allandra42 » February 2nd, 2012, 5:36 pm

I think this is going to be a personal choice. Many of us use Make the Cut, Many use Sure Cuts a Lot, Many use inkscape and Signcut. if I had the time to learn the program I would love to learn inkscape and signcut. I am trying to learn Corel draw you can also send to signcut from it. I have signcut and like it but I feel you have to be very tech saavy to learn inkscape and working full time I dont have time to learn it. I think you will have to decide how much time you have to learn and what do you want to do with it? Make the cut you can easily make a cut file from a picture or pull in an already made svg, If you want to edit files and create your own you may need inkscape and signcut. I am sure this didnt help but I think it is a personal choice and everyone here has to make it. :-) Welcome to the forum!~
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Postby Retta » February 2nd, 2012, 6:49 pm

Answered in the where are you from part. Good luck!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Elizabeth » February 2nd, 2012, 9:39 pm

Hi Everett,

You can download a trial version of MTC to try it before buying. Inkscape is free, and for me, it is a must have, even though I haven't come close to mastering it yet. When I do, I will purchase Sign Cut so that I can cut with it. I use Make the Cut now, and love it's ease of use and it's tracing feature. I have no experience with SCAL, but a lot of folks here use it and will be able to offer suggestions.

Good luck making your decision, and welcome to the forum.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Tyler » February 3rd, 2012, 8:27 pm

Glad to see you made it on the forum!

Like others said - Inkscape/Signcut is kind of the program that does everything, but it is a little harder to learn. It is cheaper though if you get it with the machine.

If you do lots of vinyl, I would definitely go with SignCut, just because it allows increment cutting. It is a little more geared towards the professional world rather than the home crafter

Both are great programs for cutting.

SCAL works with the Cats great, but if I had a choice, I probably wouldn't go that route since it has less features.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Return to Graphics Programs (Inkscape, Illustrator, etc.)