Funtime2010 Black Cat Cougar issue

Funtime2010 Black Cat Cougar issue

Postby JanetB » December 29th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Wondering if anyone can help me here?
I have had a Black Cat Cougar for about 3 months and have been trying to get it to do print and cut with the Funtime2010 software. I have, thanks to Penny Duncan, managed to get it to do a reasonable print and cut using MTC, but since I have Funtime as well, I want to master that as well.

The problems I have are as follows:
1. I have tried PNC by importing an image and making a contour line around it. To get the registration correct, I have tried using the boxes method where you also add a number of boxes to the page and test cut those to get the blade in the correct position. I have been able to get the blade to almost cut to the printed lines but find that while it cuts perfectly on two adjacent side of the box, the opposite sides are about 1 - 2 mm inside the printed lines. :banghead:
When I try to cut the image, I have found that one side of the printed image is cut almost perfectly while the other side is about 2 - 4 mm out.
I have made sure that the printer is set to print the same page size as is set in Funtime.

2. The other problem is the I cannot find how to set the registration marks in Funtime when you want to cut the image. The help menu is useless and I can't find instructions anywhere for using the laser to set the registration marks.

I would be very grateful if anyone can help me out with this! Thanks
JanetB

Re: Funtime2010 Black Cat Cougar issue

Postby Thyme » December 29th, 2011, 5:05 pm

You can't use the laser with reg marks in Funtime, it isn't supported for the Cats.

Have you tried printing a large square or rectangle ans seeing if it measuers the size it says it is in Funtime. it sounds as though your printer is slightly off on its sizing
Thyme

Postby JanetB » December 29th, 2011, 5:57 pm

Thanks for clearing that up - re the laser and reg marks!

The printer prints exactly a 10cm square from Funtime.
JanetB

Postby Thyme » December 29th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Have you tried the hinge method?
Thyme

Return to Graphics Programs (Inkscape, Illustrator, etc.)