Using a .dxf file in inkscape/sign cut

Using a .dxf file in inkscape/sign cut

Postby GwenL » December 8th, 2011, 1:03 am

Can anyone please tell me how to import a .dxf file to cut in Sign Cut? When I import the file to Inkscape the file doesn't show up. When I imported the same file directly into Sign Cut the image imported as a series of broken lines. Any help would be appreciated.

GwenL
GwenL

Re: Using a .dxf file in inkscape/sign cut

Postby rachellann » December 8th, 2011, 7:47 am

DXF files are imported into inkscape and then many time while you have it selected it may not look like it is there but it is you need to change the stroke to thicken the lines to make it visible and yes itcomes into inkscape as a bunch of little lines also you'll need to do alot of fixing. Is it a file that you can share so if someone would like to help you fix it they may.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby pigtailpat » December 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

I think Dawn on her UK site, has a special free .dxf converter, as it is a problematic file format and will result in alot of those tiny lines you saw. It is free for cat owners.

Pat

Update: Now I am not sure whether her converter is .dxf or .gsd......whoops.......
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Thyme » December 8th, 2011, 10:45 am

Hi Pat, its for any file you can open and "print" the cutlines - it converts to pdf format
Thyme

Postby GwenL » December 8th, 2011, 6:04 pm

Thanks for your help. I will visit the other forum and see if the file converter will solve the problem.

Thanks again,
GwenL
GwenL

Return to Graphics Programs (Inkscape, Illustrator, etc.)