Why has my work area view changed?

Re: Why has my work area view changed?

Postby Phyllis » August 8th, 2011, 1:40 pm

Great job Linda. I'm going to have to re-read, I got lost. I didn't think about saving the templates.
Last edited by Phyllis on August 9th, 2011, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phyllis

Postby lindalou » August 8th, 2011, 3:22 pm

Thyme,

Sorry had to leave due to an appointment.

Well, that was kind of silly that I didn't try it after I clicked the maximize. I went back and did it and it now
previews and animates. :hide: :hide: :hide:

It is strange that it does this extra step now. Before, I could just click preview and it would preview and then
animate and it would animate.

Now when I click preview, that minimize/maximize appears in the upper left hand corner and I have to click maximize for it to preview and then animate.

I'm just curious - did you try the file to see if it happens on your computer too. I'm just wondering if it is something
I've done in Inkscape or something I've done in Signcut (or one of those little ghosts that lurk around your computer). :banghead:
lindalou

Postby lindalou » August 8th, 2011, 3:24 pm

Phyllis wrote:Great job Linda. I'm going to have to re-read, I got lost. I didn't thank about saving the templates.

Phyllis, I haven't posted it in the template section yet. I thought I was having a little issue.
I'll post it as soon as I can.

Lindalou
lindalou

Postby Thyme » August 8th, 2011, 3:29 pm

lindalou wrote:Thyme,

Sorry had to leave due to an appointment.

Well, that was kind of silly that I didn't try it after I clicked the maximize. I went back and did it and it now
previews and animates. :hide: :hide: :hide:

It is strange that it does this extra step now. Before, I could just click preview and it would preview and then
animate and it would animate.

Now when I click preview, that minimize/maximize appears in the upper left hand corner and I have to click maximize for it to preview and then animate.

I'm just curious - did you try the file to see if it happens on your computer too. I'm just wondering if it is something
I've done in Inkscape or something I've done in Signcut (or one of those little ghosts that lurk around your computer). :banghead:

No probs.
Yes i tried it on mine and it responds normally. You could try re-installing signcut over the top of itself and see if that fixes it
Thyme

Postby Tyler » August 9th, 2011, 10:43 am

Sorry - just doing a quick glance at the thread and saw you guys talking about the layout. If you edit the default.svg file in c:\program files\inkscape\share\templates folder (the place where you are all saving your templates), that will be the window that opens each time you natively open inkscape. I have that one set up with the grids and in my 12x12 with the various snapping settings and everything how I want it so I can just open inkscape and go.

Also, I am not sure if you made that file or got it from somewhere else, but if it is someone else's file and they configured the document properties a little differently than what you are used to, that will make it look different as well.

Regarding your signcut, it doesn't look like it is a problem with the installation of signcut, as the maximum view works fine. It looks like all you need to do is hover over the bottom right of that small window and click and drag the corner out, just as you would resize the size of any window. When you hover over the area, your mouse should change from the arrow to the resizing arrows.

Hope that helps!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Previous

Return to Graphics Programs (Inkscape, Illustrator, etc.)