Christmas Card (I know it's June)

Christmas Card (I know it's June)

Postby kim » June 30th, 2011, 2:44 pm

I was up last night or rather this morning until 3 working on this. I needed to make my mother a Christmas Card for her Sunday School class that she can give them. That and her other friends. I knew that in the Fall, I would get too busy so I wanted to get this done before all the rush of the holidays.

I initially planned on doing a card that I got from L.Grantham with Thyme Graphics (I love her files) but they are for the Craft Robo. But with her files being my inspiration, I made this. I cut it with the SIL because I was busy trying to set up my Cougar for the engraving I am still working on. SHOUT OUT TO TYLER for helping me so much....just need MTC to switch from the SIL to the Cougar as my cutter...so far, it's not doing it.

This file is in the smaller version for the SIL, but the one I make for my mother will be larger and cut with my Cougar. I used the Petallics paper and it cut beautifully. I was going to use vellum for the backing, but I didn't have any blue. There are a lot of things you can add, like rhinestone holes around the edge or whatever. For my mother, I decided to leave it as is. I found out that the UNDO button is my favorite!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Re: Christmas Card (I know it's June)

Postby Thyme » June 30th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Hi Kim,
Looks great!
I think you mean Linda Griffiths (not Grantham) you will find a lot of her files are svg format now, including the Gate of nativity
Thyme

Postby PennyDuncan » June 30th, 2011, 3:32 pm

Oh Kim...That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kim » June 30th, 2011, 3:53 pm

Did I say I was up til 3 in the morning??? My brain is not functioning and the verse is from Luke, not Matthew so I am attaching a corrected file.

The download I got a couple of months ago was in GSD but the other one Crystal Dreams had SVG's in it. Sorry about the name mix up....maybe tomorrow I won't get everything all mixed up....or not. I really wish it was in SVG because I really do love all those files in there....the next one I wanted to do was her Gateway of Angels.

SO IF YOU DOWNLOAD, MAKE SURE TO GET THE CORRECTED FILE HERE.

mine is not nearly so nice, but then I am a newbie and am working towards the goal of all those who's work I so admire!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kim

Postby Thyme » June 30th, 2011, 4:05 pm

Yep, one of them is still gsd, but she is gradually converting it.
Don't worry about getting the name wrong, I only corrected it in case anyone went looking....
And Kim, your design is lovely!!
Thyme

Postby kim » June 30th, 2011, 4:42 pm

yeah...I would want her name correct on here too....because I want people to go look at the wonderful things she and the others have. I tried the file on the SIL and it cut everything including the notes....too funny. But I started having problems with the size differences that she had for them and what the SIL would do.

My Cougar was being tied up with my figuring out how to best make a temp tabletop for the big copper sheep project so that the copper doesn't bend. It is definately a temp fix!! Now if I can get MTC to switch to the Cougar plugin, I might be in business. It won't switch to any other cutter at the moment. I think I am just going to restart and see if that will cure the problem.
kim

Postby Tyler » June 30th, 2011, 4:54 pm

That is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing - it always amazes me what people can come up with!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Barbara » June 30th, 2011, 7:39 pm

Linda will eventually finish converting Heart and Soul,lol. We keep ganging up on her and pestering. I guess it is like sewing. I would sooner make a new garment rather than alter one. This is what we need. :whip: :whip: :whip:
Barbara
Barbara

Postby kim » June 30th, 2011, 8:10 pm

You should have seen the cutter cutting all the notes she had...they cut beautifully but it took forever! It was hilarious.

But she has beautiful files. now to just get them in SVG would be heaven.
kim

Postby CaseysAngel » June 30th, 2011, 9:26 pm

That is GORGEOUS honey and thank you for the file.
CaseysAngel

Postby Gigi » June 30th, 2011, 9:32 pm

That is breathtakingly beautiful Kim - I love what you did with it.

Just SO beautiful.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Thyme » July 1st, 2011, 2:12 am

Lol on cutting the notes Kim!
Thyme

Postby pigtailpat » July 1st, 2011, 5:15 am

Kim -

That is pretty cool. Thanks so much for sharing, I have a question. When this is folded up, what is the size folded, and what kind of an envelope will it fit into?

On the cougar machine - about how long does it take to cut? I ask because it took me forever to break the file to remove the score lines (dashed lines on the fold) in .mtc. I prefer to hand score, at least for now. Something of this complexity would be something I cut on the cougar, and it would be very awkward to remove the piece from the cougar, and put it in the gazzy to score (I have the engraver for the gazzy). So, consequently, I would like to hand score the folds on my score board. I love the card so much, that this might be my x-mas card this year. I feel even though it is very complex to cut, if I start now, and do one at a time (maybe one a day), by the time x-mas rolls around, I might be finished. My card list is generally around anywhere between 35-50 cards.

Last year I did a card that had a lot of pieces. I swore I wanted something that would be all one piece. Your card certainly fits that need!!!

Thanks so much for your efforts for making this card.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby LisaH » July 1st, 2011, 7:41 am

Beautiful Kim, thanks!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kim » July 1st, 2011, 8:45 am

The prototype was a small little card. I didn't measure it, but it is around 4 x 4 and will probably work on an envelope later for it. If you cut it on the Cougar, which is what I will end up doing, you can make it larger. I haven't cut it on the Cougar, because that particular baby has been busy engraving! It took the SIL a long time to cut, but I didn't time it.
kim

Postby Elizabeth » July 5th, 2011, 2:19 pm

Wow, Kim, that is amazing!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby cherbear » July 9th, 2011, 8:41 am

Love the card! Thank you for sharing the file.
cherbear

Postby JeannetteC » July 9th, 2011, 10:14 am

Wow! Gorgeous card!
JeannetteC

Postby Marjorie » July 9th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your file. I will have to try that when I get up the nerve to use my Lynx! However, I will be out of town beginning next week until late September and maybe by then my courage will have increased. lol
Marjorie

Postby 4children » July 12th, 2011, 12:38 pm

Beautiful card! Two of my boys are ministers and they would love this card. Thanks for sharing!
Happy owner of a 24" Silver Bullet!
http://alliescraftgarden.blogspot.com
Pam in Concord, CA
4children

Cutter: 24 inch silver bullet

Return to Masterpieces