Just when I thought about giving up entirely

Just when I thought about giving up entirely

Postby chumps » July 13th, 2015, 2:38 am

I have cracked the Silver Bullet and created some things I'm really happy with! None of them are Etsy-worthy, but great reassurance that it can cut some very very intricate cuts on cardstock. It's hard to tell from the pic, but refer to the size of my thumbnail, and then the size of some of the icons including the rod with snakes and the heartbeats, and the heart with a heartbeat running through it at the bottom right. These are *tiny* and cut perfectly. The cardstock is Kaisercraft about 200gsm (not sure that that is in lb, sorry), and from memory I used a 45 normal (not detailed) blade and speed of about 100 and force of about 125.

Where I'd been going wrong was using the normal (non-click) holder and the 60 degree blade. It seems the 60 degree blade catches and tears whereas the 45 blade cuts through cardstock like a hot knife through butter. So I'll save the 60 blade for cardboard and vinyl, I guess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chumps

Cutter: 24" silver bullet

Re: Just when I thought about giving up entirely

Postby PennyDuncan » July 13th, 2015, 6:38 am

Wahooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Congrats chumps!! These look GREAT!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » July 13th, 2015, 9:37 am

You definitely DID crack the code - way to go!!
It really is about finding what works for you. Normally on that cardstock the 60 degree blade would be fine - but we all have our favorites. Like you, I use the 45 degree for about everything!

And based on your comment, I would NOT use the 60 degree on vinyl - stick with the 45 degree as the vinyl is so thin and you will get better results with the 45.

GREAT detail using a regular blade - congrats! (And I think 200 gsm is about 80 lb cover. What I am still trying to understand (and I don't!!) is that there is a different gsm for card and for text and they don't calculate the same. )
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby maviza » March 9th, 2019, 1:06 pm

Thank you for sharing! This very helpful & love your tiny cuts
maviza

Cutter: prospective buyer

Return to Masterpieces