A new SB owner, starting to see some progress

A new SB owner, starting to see some progress

Postby mrsefs » July 4th, 2015, 12:09 pm

I received my cutter Wednesday and have been scouring the forums for direction. To all that have posted before me . . . Thank You! I have figured out that just because I see a nice design on the screen doesn't mean I will get a great cut. After reading about nodes and simplifying paths the light bulb came on.

Here is my first detail vinyl cut that I accomplished after cleaning up the graphic (Oracal 651, 45 degree detail blade, slow landing off, v 370 f 31). I started with a Silhouette design file that I copy/pasted into Illustrator. Cleaned it up and added a few modifications before sending it to SCAL 4.0. What a difference in this 5" x 7" design.

Kathy

P.S. I have had the same results with a detailed design on cardstock. That may be it for today. Stopping on a high note!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrsefs

Cutter: 13" Silver Bullet Pro Series

Re: A new SB owner, starting to see some progress

Postby MeFlick » July 4th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Congratulations on your new machine and your early success. Looks like you are doing it right, reading and learning and figuring things out one step at a time. Keep up your hard work! TFS your pic. My mother sewed for us for years when we were growing up. Lots of things for grandchildren too. She made all 5 of my bridesmaids dresses when I got married 30 years ago this month. (Long, double skirted Scarlett O'Hara style!) Your sign made me think of her wonderful sewing. While she is still alive, her health no longer allows her to be able to sew unfortunately. However, she was one "powerful" woman with her sewing machine. Happy memories!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » July 4th, 2015, 12:42 pm

What a great job and that is a huge task to tackle in such a short amount of time. Hopefully you also got help from the learning center as that is great for basics. And clearly your experience with the Silhouette (making an assumption!) helped as well. I am impressed.

So glad you found a lot of help on the forum. There is a TON of information on here. GREAT job!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby mrsefs » July 4th, 2015, 2:14 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I went from a Brother Scan n Cut to the Silver Bullet. When I am in a hurry for a design for a last minute gift I find myself in the Silhouette store. I may stop that now because it's a lot of work to clean up a design since I can't export them out of their software. The combination of the forum and learning center have been a life saver.
mrsefs

Cutter: 13" Silver Bullet Pro Series

Postby Gigi » July 4th, 2015, 2:51 pm

Oh - ok. Wrong assumption on my part !! Thanks for clarifying!

There are so many (and I do mean SO MANY!) great designs out there - free and for sale, that you should have NO problem finding just about any svg file you might want or need - if you don't have the time to make it yourself. Even tracing an image can give you a great cut file! Enjoy the journey.

If you need any help, just holler!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Suzan » July 5th, 2015, 9:04 am

Love the project, and congratulations. If you have one of the older versions of the DE software, I believe 1.9 or 2.0 you should be able to export out as an svg, then you could take into Illustrator and get your finished project. It is always wonderful to have a great resource for files.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » July 6th, 2015, 6:32 am

That is FANTASTIC!!!!! Great job and what a wonderful first project!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Return to Masterpieces