A fun background technique

A fun background technique

Postby Elizabeth » August 6th, 2014, 12:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I have shared projects here, although I have been busy all year increasing my card stash. I just discovered a fun technique using waxed paper and my Big Kick to make backgrounds that are perfect for items that I cut with my Silver Bullet.

Here is one example:
IMG_2476.jpg

As always, I love to see what everyone else is making, so don't be shy about posting!

There are more cards, and a link the instructions at Suzz's Stamping Spot on my blog, if you want more details.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: A fun background technique

Postby Gigi » August 6th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Very cool, Elizabeth. Thanks for sharing.

I have been trying some new things on my cards as well - I put them in the gallery but forget to post them here....... it's all I can do to get them on my blog! LOL Way behind..........

Love the wax paper resist (making an assumption) - have never tried it and that looks fun and easy! Thanks.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MeFlick » August 7th, 2014, 8:02 am

Looks beautiful Elizabeth! Will have to remember to go check it out on your blog. Maybe in a week or two. Both my kiddos return to school next week. Between them home for the summer and other "live' happenings I haven't been doing much but popping in and out on the forums when I get a few free moments it seems! Looking forward to some crafting time soon! I have been embroidering my DD's towels and vinyling some other items for her college dorm room and her roommate but I don't really count that as MY crafting! ;)
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Angel135612 » August 7th, 2014, 8:12 am

That looks great Elizabeth!! I will definitely check it out... but I won't be doing any crafting for awhile... I have to pack up all my crafty stuff and get the house ready to put on the market. I have most of my paper crafting stuff boxed up... working on all my fabric and quilting stuff next. Trying to keep a little bit out so I have something to do, if I get a chance. But need to get my room cleaned out so we can paint the walls.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » August 19th, 2014, 1:50 pm

Thanks, Gigi, Mel, and Diane. I have been super busy here, too, with lots of wedding crafting and weekend trips. Just popping in to catch up on the forum before getting back to work on the wedding. (I am having a ton of fun with it!)

Sounds like you all are super busy, too. Good luck with the off to college prep, Mel. I had fun with that last year. This year dd is renting a furnished house, so there won't be too much to do, other than to help her move in. (this weekend, we will be moving her back home for a couple of weeks. She lived on the opposite side of the state over the summer. I'll be happy to have her home for a couple of weeks before school starts.

Diane, have you officially retired? If yes, a big congrats to you!!!! Good luck with your home sale and relocation. Keep us posted on where you land.

Gigi, I have seen your cards on your blog. They are gorgeous, as always!!!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby Gigi » August 19th, 2014, 3:11 pm

Thanks Elizabeth - you are too kind.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » August 21st, 2014, 7:34 am

Elizabeth No I haven't retired just yet... Dec 1 is my target date, and am filling out all the paperwork to get it sent in. We are planning on moving to Mississippi just south of the Tennessee state line. I can't believe all the stuff I have accumulated over the years...but then I have been in this house for 30 years... and have been "collecting" supplies for when I retire. I just didn't think I was going to move after I retired when I started all my collecting. I don't want to get rid of any of it, but not looking forward to unpacking it all on the other end. LOL At least I can start with a clean slate on organizing it all and set up my space the way I want. At least that is what I keep telling myself... LOL.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » August 21st, 2014, 4:27 pm

December 1st seems like a perfect retirement date for you! I'll bet it will feel great to leave just before the Christmas rush. IKWYM about moving your supplies. I can't imagine having to move mine right now. It's fairly well organized and already in boxes, but I still don't want to haul it all anywhere!

Good luck with your move. Warmer winters sound like a really good idea!

Elizabeth

Return to Masterpieces