Golden piano pop-up card for my sister

Golden piano pop-up card for my sister

Postby HDinAZ » June 6th, 2014, 10:24 am

This month my sister celebrates 50 years as a nun, so I had to make her a special card. She's a music teacher so a piano seemed like a good idea. Of course, that was BEFORE I tried to fold all that!!! They ought to create a "tool" called "P A T I E N C E". :-) I designed the card in PopUpCard Studio and cut it on my Silver Bullet, of course. One BIG problem I ran into on my first attempt was that the folding perforations created by PopUpCard Studio (PCS) were too much for such a design and all the piano "keys" broke apart at the perforations after a few "openings & closings" of the card. After making my own perforations in "Make the Cut" everything was fine. All the added designs and wording was done in WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) or Print 'n Cut mode. I think she'll be happy with it.
cardfront.jpg
Sally-pop-up-card.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HDinAZ

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Re: Golden piano pop-up card for my sister

Postby Gigi » June 6th, 2014, 11:11 am

WOW...... that is truly a work of art. She is going to be blown away by the card. Beautiful job......just beautiful!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby HDinAZ » June 6th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Thanks, Gigi! It'll be interesting to see if my sister has the same reaction. I don't want anyone to think that I'm a prolific crafter. I'm not. It's just that these two projects happened to come about around the same time. :-)
HDinAZ

Postby Gigi » June 6th, 2014, 4:43 pm

I cannot imagine your sister not being wowed by the card. It is spectacular.

And LOL - what's wrong with us thinking you are a prolific cutter??!!?? I love it when two projects come together back to back. Job well done!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » June 6th, 2014, 7:45 pm

I agree, beautiful job! I am sure your sister will love it! TFS your pics.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby HDinAZ » June 7th, 2014, 9:31 am

Thanks! I'll have to post what she has to say about it, but it will be later this month. I really appreciate your kind remarks.
HDinAZ

Postby Angel135612 » June 8th, 2014, 11:18 pm

Great job!!!!!!!
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby MichelleMyBelle » June 9th, 2014, 12:25 am

Beautiful Card! She is going to love it. Great job!
MichelleMyBelle

Cutter: Pro 18, Foil Master, Platinum 24"

Postby LisaH » June 9th, 2014, 8:18 am

Great card, I'm sure she will love it!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Elizabeth » June 9th, 2014, 2:08 pm

That's lovely! Great job!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby kim » June 9th, 2014, 7:18 pm

Double WOW! That is amazing and I just can't see where she wouldn't be WOWed by that card! She will love it and cherish, not only for it's beauty but because it came from your heart. I think she will appreciate the special sister she has in you.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby HDinAZ » June 10th, 2014, 2:04 pm

Once again... THANKS for the kind remarks! BUT...I HAVE BAD NEWS TO REPORT!!! It was sent as a TRACKABLE item sent by way of the US Postal Service AND their web site shows it has been delivered... NOT!!! The delivery man has to physically scan that code for it to say "delivered" and at what time, so it would appear that the delivery man pilfered the item for valuables! Besides the card, I had included $$$ and put it all inside a second padded envelope so it wouldn't look like a greeting card. This just makes me sick!!! The local post office on the other end is trying to get to the bottom of it, but I'm not holding out much hope!The local post office says that there's nothing they can do here.
HDinAZ

Postby Gigi » June 10th, 2014, 2:41 pm

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! That is just horrible. I am so sorry to hear that. I will hope that it can be recovered..........
:(

Gigi
Gigi

Postby HDinAZ » June 10th, 2014, 9:51 pm

Right now it looks hopeless! The mailman claims he didn't have a package (large envelope) to deliver, but yet he did scan it into his handheld device as delivered... I smell something rotten!!! If they ever find it, I'll post it here, but it doesn't look good!
HDinAZ

Postby Gigi » June 10th, 2014, 10:39 pm

I am just sick for you - all of that beautiful work....... not to mention the loss of the money, but I would imagine you are most upset about the loss of that piece of art. I certainly would be........

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » June 11th, 2014, 8:35 am

There could be a number of reasons that the package was scanned as delivered and not gotten to the intended recipient, most usually it is because it was delivered to the WRONG address. Yes it does happen... it was scanned, because it was delivered, but that doesn't mean it was delivered to the right house. Just because it was scanned as delivered and the recipient didn't get it, doesn't mean the postal person stole it. Most of the time if it was misdelivered, the person who received it will give it back to the mailman, so they can then deliver it to the RIGHT address the next day. If the regular mailman was off the day it was to be delivered, the person filling in for them could very easily have misdelivered it.

I know it doesn't help you, but don't jump to conclusions that the mailman stole your card or money, just because it didn't get delivered as it was suppose to have been.
Angel135612

Postby HDinAZ » June 11th, 2014, 10:36 am

It definitely could have been mis-delivered, but it was the REGULAR mailman. My sister even went to the high school across the street to see if it was delivered there, but no such luck! I called the delivering post office this morning and they have had no notice that it was delivered to the wrong address, so it looks like "case closed". What is puzzling is that he still claims he NEVER HAD IT, yet he scanned it!!!
HDinAZ

Postby Angel135612 » June 11th, 2014, 5:33 pm

It could have gone to another route, with streets of similar names, and THAT carrier could have scanned it as delivered, and there is no way they would know to even talk to THAT carrier. Did the post office check to see WHO actually scanned the piece of mail? They can check to see which scanner was used to scan the item (and no they wouldn't normally do that even if a piece of mail went missing).

IF it was misdelivered, and the people that received it did actually put it out in their mail box to be picked up, it wouldn't get picked up until the carrier made it to that house on their normal rounds... so until the carrier gets back from the street for the day, there is no way the post office would know if there was any notice that it was misdelivered. Also, if it was misdelivered, the people that received it may not put it out in their mailbox right away... so it could possibly still show up.

I'm not trying to tell you that the carrier didn't steal it, just trying to inform you that there are other possibilities, I have been a letter carrier for 35 years, so I know what happens to mail when it goes missing. Most of the time, it isn't because someone stole the mail, it is because of misdelivery. I can't tell you how many times someone told me they were supposed to be getting something, and I never see it, because it went to the wrong route, even to the wrong station... and it could be a few days before it makes it's way to me so I can deliver it to the right house. The carrier can't control where the mail goes before it gets to their route, and it is possible that the carrier hasn't seen the mail piece. So unless the Post Office checks to see WHICH scanner (assigned to which carrier) actually scanned it as delivered, the carrier could well be telling the truth, that he hasn't seen it.
Angel135612

Postby HDinAZ » June 11th, 2014, 7:13 pm

It was their regular mailman who scanned the item. He was confronted by his supervisor today and says he doesn't even remember seeing that parcel. ...yet he scanned it, but there is no way to know where he was when he scanned it, so it may have been somewhere else, but he doesn't remember. The mail to the convent is put into a bin at the post office and he just delivers the full bin and exchanges it for the empty one from the previous day. Of course, he has to scan items that are trackable and have the receptionist sign for any item which needs to be signed for. Thanks for trying to show what else could happen, but this is all done by the regular carrier on his regular route and was scanned by his scanner. I verified that with his supervisor this morning. It's a mystery at this point.
HDinAZ

Postby kim » June 13th, 2014, 8:49 am

Oh NO!!!! That is terrible! I know I would be more upset over the loss of the card than the money. The card had your heart put into it.

In this small town, we know our mailman and where he lives. LOL. Actually, even if you get the address wrong, the mailman will know where you live anyway.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Next

Return to Masterpieces