Vintage Christmas Mitten Ornament

Vintage Christmas Mitten Ornament

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » November 1st, 2013, 10:04 am

Did some playing around with my Kitty and MTC. I have not used MTC in forever since I was/am big into PNC. The program didn't work that great for me. I was super happy the other day when I did get my cougar calibrated...and updated my signcut...then updated my MTC (just to see)..and I was able to do so much more now...so COOL BEANS!!

You can see all of my photos and pieces that I cut out with my cougar :0)

http://heatherahudson.blogspot.com/2013/11/vintage-christmas-mitten-filled-with.html

:bighug:
Heather
DSCN1562.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MyArtisticAdventures

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 24 inch

Re: Vintage Christmas Mitten Ornament

Postby Gigi » November 1st, 2013, 10:12 am

Looks fabulous, Heather. MTC and especially SCAL do an awesome job with print and cut. Great job! Beautiful.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » November 1st, 2013, 10:36 am

Thank you Gigi!!
I will probably end up getting SCAL too...just because I am weird like that. I just paid over 200 for the Sign Cut...because I knew how to use it...then I took the time the other day to retry MTC....before I couldn't flip or rotate any images....so it didn't really work for me....except simple things...so I was super happy to see the changes.

I really need to start cutting some normal svgs...and not rely on PNC....I have never cut out anything with out registration marks...LOL...how sad is that...scares me!!
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby Gigi » November 1st, 2013, 3:41 pm

That is funny as the print and cut and registration marks are what scare most people - the regular cutting is easy in comparison - to me! I think it just shows that we all have our comfort levels!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » November 1st, 2013, 3:43 pm

I just have no idea where to put my mat with the paper on it....LOL
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby Angel135612 » November 2nd, 2013, 8:38 am

Heather, That looks great!!! I love the things you create.

The great thing about cutting with out registration marks, it doesn't really matter where you put your paper or your mat, you just line up the blade with the corner of the paper, and hit your origin button, and it will cut from there.
One of the things I have started doing, if I want to print some of my digi papers, but don't want to do a print and cut, is to print out an area (like a rectangle that is large enough to fit my shape I want to cut) on my paper with the digi paper filled in, then just line up my blade to the corner of where the print started. That way I don't have to worry about any white paper showing around the edges if my registration isn't accurate, and I don't have to print the entire paper with the fill, so I don't waste a lot of ink. (Although I have a laser printer so I don't use ink... LOL)
Depending on the size of what I'm cutting out, I can print more than one rectangle on a page, so I can cut more than one item from each sheet of paper, of if I need a number of things from the same paper, I can make the rectangle large enough to accommodate them all.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » November 2nd, 2013, 9:08 am

Angel135612 wrote:Heather, That looks great!!! I love the things you create.

The great thing about cutting with out registration marks, it doesn't really matter where you put your paper or your mat, you just line up the blade with the corner of the paper, and hit your origin button, and it will cut from there.
One of the things I have started doing, if I want to print some of my digi papers, but don't want to do a print and cut, is to print out an area (like a rectangle that is large enough to fit my shape I want to cut) on my paper with the digi paper filled in, then just line up my blade to the corner of where the print started. That way I don't have to worry about any white paper showing around the edges if my registration isn't accurate, and I don't have to print the entire paper with the fill, so I don't waste a lot of ink. (Although I have a laser printer so I don't use ink... LOL)
Depending on the size of what I'm cutting out, I can print more than one rectangle on a page, so I can cut more than one item from each sheet of paper, of if I need a number of things from the same paper, I can make the rectangle large enough to accommodate them all.

Thanks for that info Diane!! Here is a dumb question...if I push the orgin button, and do just a cut....then next time I do a PNC...do I need to redo my orgin? I am not at home to look at my machine...so...I don't know if I could just look at the numbers or something...and put them back in.....thanks!!
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby Angel135612 » November 2nd, 2013, 6:35 pm

Heather, the Origin button has nothing to do with the numbers you use for PnC. If you use the forward/backward buttons to move your mat into the machine, instead of lifting the pinch wheels and just placing the mat in the machine, then you need to set the origin to 0,0 or the machine will spit the mat out when it goes to start cutting, as it will move to 0,0 before it cuts. This is a problem most new people have using the machine if it spits the mat out, as they forget to set the origin button. (It's the button with the crosshairs on it).

The numbers you set your X/Y coordinates for PnC do not change when you set your origin button, they are totally different numbers, even if they are using the same X/Y "Name".

Any time you move the mat/rollers, you need to hit the origin button to reset it back to 0,0 so the machine knows that is where you want it to start cutting. In PnC, when you use the software to find the registration marks, the software tells the machine that after the 3rd mark is found, that is the "origin" so it knows where to start cutting.

I hope I didn't confuse you more... but it really is easy, just something different to get used to in cutting.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » November 2nd, 2013, 6:48 pm

Angel135612 wrote:Heather, the Origin button has nothing to do with the numbers you use for PnC. If you use the forward/backward buttons to move your mat into the machine, instead of lifting the pinch wheels and just placing the mat in the machine, then you need to set the origin to 0,0 or the machine will spit the mat out when it goes to start cutting, as it will move to 0,0 before it cuts. This is a problem most new people have using the machine if it spits the mat out, as they forget to set the origin button. (It's the button with the crosshairs on it).

The numbers you set your X/Y coordinates for PnC do not change when you set your origin button, they are totally different numbers, even if they are using the same X/Y "Name".

Any time you move the mat/rollers, you need to hit the origin button to reset it back to 0,0 so the machine knows that is where you want it to start cutting. In PnC, when you use the software to find the registration marks, the software tells the machine that after the 3rd mark is found, that is the "origin" so it knows where to start cutting.

I hope I didn't confuse you more... but it really is easy, just something different to get used to in cutting.

Thank you Diane!! I just remember setting the origin button....and I am not sure why I was thinking that it had anything to do with the PNC!! Probably because I went straight to setting up my machine for PNC...and didn't really read the rest...so I will check it out. I think I get what you are saying.

I am going to try some plain cutting!! I will let you know how it goes!
Hugs!!
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby tamihowse » November 4th, 2013, 3:08 pm

Love it! Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Postby Retta » November 5th, 2013, 6:15 am

I love this paper!! Lovely!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Soraya » December 7th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Heather, your projects are delightful!
Soraya

Cutter: Black Cat 15"

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » December 7th, 2013, 12:51 pm

Soraya wrote:Heather, your projects are delightful!

Thank you Soraya!! :bighug:
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » December 7th, 2013, 1:01 pm

Retta wrote:I love this paper!! Lovely!

Thank you Retta,

I created all the images myself....using GIMP to create my papers and focals :0) Then I put them all on a collage sheet!!
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby MichelleMyBelle » December 22nd, 2013, 7:38 pm

Heather, this is beautiful! Love the way you've embellished it.
MichelleMyBelle

Cutter: Pro 18, Foil Master, Platinum 24"

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » December 23rd, 2013, 8:10 am

Thank you Michelle :0)
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby LisaH » December 28th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Gorgeous, Heather!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro