Flowers - licked it at last!

Re: Flowers - licked it at last!

Postby PennyDuncan » July 22nd, 2013, 6:37 pm

Pat....you sure know how to make someone feel AWESOME!!! And Gigi you too girlie!!!! Here's a picture of a mock up of the Christmas Rose file I designed a couple of years ago......

PDC%2520Christmas%2520Rose%2520Flower%25206-7-2011%2520%252811%2529.jpg

And here's a link to where you can download the file if you're interested....

https://drive.google.com/?tab=mo&authus ... VpMYktIQ3M
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby pigtailpat » July 22nd, 2013, 6:54 pm

Penny thanks as always for sharing your talents with us lesser folks. The gold inside part looks really hard. How is that done? BTW maybe I should start a different thread? Or perhaps Sherri would like it here anyway?

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Gigi » July 22nd, 2013, 7:38 pm

You are fine with the topic here, Pat!

Because this was from a challenge over a year ago the whole thread will not come up, but if you search "Penny Duncan Flower Challenge " you can see six pages of posts - but there are probably 5 photos or so of different interpretations of what others did.

I was trying to find the directions and couldn't. But I think the centers were done with floss bundles tied in knots and dipped in glue and then little beads - does that sound right to anyone??? I know Penny will clarify and set me straight!!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby pigtailpat » July 22nd, 2013, 7:54 pm

Yes, I am so aware of the fact that I am SLLLLLOWW.......and asking about stuff from eons ago.

Take a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oItvzjKTpzI

This is probably the most realistic looking amaryllis flower I have seen thus far. And I had to dig really hard on my internet research to find this video.

But how to connect all the dots. First I can't hear well, and the captioning on this you tube video is pretty bad. Second, I am math impaired, this person uses the metric centimeters and would need to understand conversion to inches. Third, designing the petals in SCAL might be difficult for me, as I still can't "see" shapes as well as I should. Last, not sure if crepe paper is a cuttable thing on a plotter - may be better with coffee filters, but manuvering those curves in crepe paper looks great here.

I will go and look for penny's instructions on her flower. For a table centerpiece and/or gifts, mixing up the flowers in red and white could be a great idea.......

UPDATE: OK well I tried to do the petal shapes in inkscape. I am SURE they need to be further edited, and I did not pay attention to size (centimeter confusion). Petal b is harder, because of the little dip in the top that I saw in the video. Probably not right. Can anyone run with this?

I am uploading the .svg files and tell me if I am close?

Pat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pigtailpat on July 22nd, 2013, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby LisaH » July 22nd, 2013, 8:29 pm

I "think" the centers are part of the file and just the tips of the paper dipped in glue then in either beads, glitter or flock. At least I think I remember that's how it was done...LOL
LisaH

Postby Gigi » July 22nd, 2013, 9:19 pm

Oh you are right, Lisa! Now I remember......... well at least I got the ending right!! LOLOL

I should have looked at the file first - duh!! LOL I attached the photo and file.....

Gigi
Gigi

Postby jobab » July 23rd, 2013, 3:31 am

Pat
Your flowers are beautiful.. looks like I may have to invest in some coffee filters...lol
jobab

Cutter: Silver Bullet,Silhouette Cameo,cougar

Postby MichelleMyBelle » July 23rd, 2013, 7:22 am

Pat, they are so beautiful! They look so real.
MichelleMyBelle

Cutter: Pro 18, Foil Master, Platinum 24"

Postby granlin » July 23rd, 2013, 3:02 pm

Pat---loved the roses. I just got out of a 2 month stay in the nursing home so am just getting caught up. Where will I find the file for the coffee filter roses?
granlin

Cutter: BlackCat 13" Cougar

Postby PennyDuncan » July 23rd, 2013, 4:00 pm

I believe I can DEFINATELY work up her design into a cutting file...she actually does a WONDERFUL job of explaining it....thought I so agree...it's VERY hard to hear her!!!! I will all that to my WORK ON list!!!!
PennyDuncan

Postby Gigi » July 23rd, 2013, 4:26 pm

granlin wrote:Pat---loved the roses. I just got out of a 2 month stay in the nursing home so am just getting caught up. Where will I find the file for the coffee filter roses?

The coffee filter roses are here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... mxLczNOUDQ - small
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... mxLczNOUDQ - a more recent file

There is also one for coffee filter poinsettias under the flower section

Gigi
Gigi

Postby pigtailpat » July 23rd, 2013, 7:04 pm

Penny thanks so much. I know my attempt was pathetic! I think it will be a neat x-mas flower. Because of my hearing difficulties, very difficult to follow the video, but I know that this person definitely has the best one I have seen yet. I will be watching here for your efforts. No rush of course, still a very long way off from x-mas.

Granlin (Linda?) I am SO SORRY you were laid up that long. Gigi above pointed you in the right direction. I hope you are well on the road to recovery.

For my other sister, who is also having a birthday (my mother did the three of us at the same time basically, the flower sister is the 27th, I am the 29th, and my other sister is the 31st - yeah I know...weird), I am half-way through a rehab of a singer 301 sewing machine. My sister has no working sewing machine, and is really short of money, so I am rehabbing one to ship to her for her birthday. I am half-way through. I got the machine back to life, and will be doing the exterior tomorrow to hopefully finish it off and ship it tomorrow or by weds. at latest. And if this is not enough, my oldest sons (the twins), they were born August 1 (ugh!!!)

Pat

For
pigtailpat

Postby PennyDuncan » July 24th, 2013, 6:59 am

Talk about a FULL Birthday month Pat....LOL What a nice surprise you're doing for your sister too!!!!
PennyDuncan

Postby Elizabeth » July 24th, 2013, 12:19 pm

Your roses are beautiful, Pat! Looks like you have a new addiction! :ROFLMBO:
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Previous

Return to Masterpieces